Chapter Seven

Monica's POV

I was still staring at my wall when I hear my alarm for school go off. This is when I realize I have been up all night. No sleep just lost in my thoughts. I drag myself out of bed. I brush my hair out and just leave it alone I don't feel like trying to mess with it today. I stumble over to my closet and throw on tight fitting navy and light blue tee, and my black overalls on, not really giving two shits on what I look like. I throw on my converse and head downstairs.

"You're up and around early this morning." My mom says without even looking up from her magazine.

"Mhm I'm gonna walk to school today." I say sounding dead, and with that I walk out the door. No goodbye or love you. Now that I think about it, I don't know if I've ever heard my parents say the words, I love you.

I try not to think about my parents too much on my walk to school. It was nice this morning. The sun felt nice on my face.

I get to school right on time and head to my locker. I open it and another note falls out. All it says is, "Good morning pretty girl." I instantly smile. Steve knows how to make me feel better. I put the note in small pocket of my bag with the other one from yesterday.

I shut my locker and head to first period. The more I walk through the halls the more tired I become. I finally make it to first period after running into like three people. I sit down at my desk and pull out my sketch book. I don't think Ill be able to do much drawing today, but I want to look busy.

Class starts and Eddie comes in his usual two minutes late. I sit there just staring at my paper for at least fifteen minutes. I can feel myself starting to fall asleep. I decide to get up and go sharpen my pencil to keep myself awake. I make it over to the pencil sharpener and sharpen my pencil for what feels like ages. Once I'm satisfied with the pencil, I turn to head back to my desk and BAM. I run into a kid with a cup full of paint water, and what happens? It spills all over my overalls. I don't even know what to do I just stand there and stare. The rest of the class stares as well. I'm too tired for this shit.

"Well shit sorry dude." Is all I can manage to say

"Ms. Alpe would you like to go get changed into something that isn't soaking wet?" she asks.

"I don't have anything else but sure I'll go." I say grabbing my bag and heading to the bathroom across the hall.

As soon as I get into the bathroom I check to see if there is anyone else in there with me.

There isn't.

I slide down the wall and sit on the floor. I tilt my head back so it's touching the wall. I take a deep breath causing me to finally break down and cry. I hold back most of it, so no one hears me.

I sit there crying when all the sudden I feel someone slide down next to me. I look over and see Eddie. I wipe my eyes as fast as possible.

"What are you doing in here. This is the girl's restroom?"

"I know." Is all he says just looking at me. I know he's look at my puffy red eyes. He's probably judging me. "I brought you pants to change into. And a hoodie so you'd be more comfortable." He says handing me a pair of grey sweats and a Black sabbath hoodie.

"Thank you" I sniffle out

"You're welcome. Go change in one of the stalls Hun."

"Ok." I say starting to cry again. I do as I'm told and go into a stall and lock it. I take of my overalls and pull on the sweatpants. They're only slightly big, but they have a drawstring, so I tie them tight. I walk out of the stall pulling the hoodie over my head. I look in the mirror at the clothes I'm wearing. I look less like my normal self. I don't look put together at all, but I don't really care. I feel like shit.