Chapter Nine

Monica's POV

Eddie storms out of his house after my phone call with Steve. He has every right to be angry with me. I don't even know what I was thinking. I mean I wasn't thinking. It is so wrong for me to be here right now. It's wrong, but it feels right. I feel so free and relaxed around Eddie.

When Eddie leaves its close to eleven. I don't know where he is planning on going or when he is going to be back, but I'm slightly concerned about him. He was angry when he left so I don't know what he is going to do or how recklessly he will drive. I curl up on the couch and wait for him to come back.

Laying there on the couch all I could think about was earlier with Eddie, and how heated things got. How far would we have gone if Steve hadn't called? I ask myself not knowing the answer. I think about how good it felt to have Eddie pushing himself into me, and how hard he got just for me.

Snap out of it Monica. I think to myself. Steve is your boyfriend not Eddie. Eddie is s friend and nothing more.

Before I know it, I'm fighting to keep myself awake. I can't stay awake much longer, so I finally give into the urge to sleep.

~~

I wake up to the sound of the front door closing. It's Eddie he is finally back. I don't want him to know that I'm up, so I close my eyes and lay still. I lay there hoping to hear his bedroom door or even the bathroom doo close. I don't. All the sudden I feel a blanket being gently laid over the top of me.

I snuggle into the blanket and doze back to sleep after hearing Eddie's bedroom door close.

I wake up maybe a half hour later and can't go back to sleep.

I get up keeping the blanket wrapped around my shoulders and make my way down the end of the hallway to Eddie's closed door. I think about knocking and asking to lay with him since I can't sleep, but then I decide against it.

I go to turn around, but then his door opens.

"I can't sleep." I mumble to him. Not sure ho he'll react after everything today.

"Me neither. Want to sleep in my bed? I'll sleep on the couch." He asks.

"Can sleep in the bed with me?" I ask him. I slept so good earlier in his arms I just want that again.

"What about Steve?" He says in a stern tone.

"We aren't going to do anything" I grumble to him. I walk past him into his room while grabbing his hand to pull him to the bed.

I climb into bed first and pat the spot next to me for him to come lay down. He crawls into the bed, and I pull him onto my chest. He relaxes and lays his head fully on my chest and wraps his arms around my waist. We lay there in the dark for a few moments before I just start running my fingers through his hair. It was a relaxing thing for me to do. I notice myself getting more and more tired the longer I do it. My motions slow, and I eventually stop all together falling asleep.

~~

Seven a.m. rolls around and I hear what I'm assuming is Eddie's alarm go off. I reach my hand over towards his nightstand and just smack around until it stops. I go to get up and realize I can't move. Eddie has me pulled as close as possible to him and is currently snoring on my chest. I'm not sure how I didn't hear it all night.

I shake him lightly trying to wake him up.

"Eddie, you gotta let me get up so I can get ready to go to school."

He just groans and holds me tighter.

"Eddie come on please." I beg still slightly shaking him.

"Ok, ok." He manages to mumble out