Chapter Eleven

Eddie's POV

I just went into the store to grab a couple things. I was checking out when I saw Monica come around the corner. I looked at her briefly and then turned away. I had been ignoring her because she was with Steve. I couldn't let myself get attached to her, again, since she had a boyfriend.

I finish checking out and head to my van. I sit there for a second contemplating on if I should wait for her to come out. I decide against it. I see her walk out of the store. She walked here and now she's going to walk home.

I feel bad so I cave. I let her get out of the parking lot, but then I pull up next to her.

"Get in I drive you home, so you don't have to walk." I tell her not really giving her a choice.

"Ok." Is all she says before getting in. She hops in and gets her bags on the floor and puts her seatbelt on.

The dive is quiet, it's awkward, but I'm still not really in the mood to talk to her.

I pull up next to the curb in front of her house and put the car in park. She turns to look at me, but I just keep my head forward. I know that if I look at her, I will cave.

"Did you want to come in?" She asks sounding a bit optimistic.

"No." I say still not looking at her.

"My parents aren't home."

"No. I'm fine" I say even though it is tempting I stand my ground.

"Oh. Ok. Well thanks for the ride." She mumbles in disappointment.

My heart aches a little when I hear the tone of her voice. She gets out of the car and walks to her front door. I'm looking down at my pants playing with the rings on my fingers.

I glance up just long enough to notice she's wearing the sweatpants I gave her. God, she looks so good in them.

I look back down before she notices me, and I see her out of the corner of my eye turn to look at me. When she sees I'm not looking she goes inside and shuts the door.

I don't know why but that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

I drive back home and all I can think about is what could have happened if I would have gone into her house Maybe I could of told her how I felt and why I felt that way.

I finally get home and go inside to get high. That's the only thing I can think to do as a distraction right now.

~~

It's been a couple hours now and I feel relaxed, but all I can think about is Monica still. I decide to go and talk to her finally.

All the way to Monica's I rehearse what I'm going to say to her. I'm going to tell her about us knowing each other in middle school and how I feel about her now.

I pull up in front of her house. I wipe my clammy palms on my thighs before getting out of my car. I walk all the way up to the door and knock. I wait there a few minutes.

Right as I'm about to turn around to leave she opens the door. Once she realizes it's me, she looks at me with a small smile. I look into her eyes and forget everything I had planned on saying, and without even thinking I grab her face with both of my hands and kiss her. It takes a second, but she kisses me back.

I stop and pull away to look at her and see what she is thinking. Her face is a bight shade of red. She's blushing.

"Eddie what was that for?" she asked confused

I step back from her bringing my hand up to the back of my neck and rubbing it.

"I don't know Monica. You do things to me that no one else does. Whenever I make eye contact with you, I complete forget anything and everything that is going on around me." I blurt out without thinking once again.