Chapter Thirty-Two

Monica's POV

"Well..." Eddie said trailing off.

"Well. What I told about a drug deal going bas was a lie. I was here at home when it happened."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" I stutter out.

"Because you were dating Steve." He mumbles out while looking down.

"Why would that matter..." I ask, but I get no response. That's when I realize what had happened. "No. Eddie no." I say reaching for his hands. "He's the one who hurt you?" All he does is nod his head yes. "Why didn't you say anything to me?" I ask.

"He told me I needed to stay away from you. Steve had Billy help him jump me. They beat the shit out of me right outside my trailer. Steve more than Billy. Billy's the one who stopped him. If he hadn't been there Steve might of killed me."

"Eddie. I'm so sorry."

"Baby don't be sorry you did nothing wrong." He says pulling me in for a hug. "I'm ok now. I'm healthy and you're mine now so everything worked out."

"But Eddie they can't just get away with what they did to you. Especially Steve. What if they try and do it again?"

"Please just leave it alone I don't want to end up in the hospital again sweets."

"Fine." I tell him just giving in to what he says.

I don't plan on just leaving this alone. I can't believe Steve. He is going to pay for this one way or another.

The rest of the night Eddie and I just watch tv and relax. We end up going to bed a bit early since we were bored.

Eddie fell asleep quickly, but I didn't I just laid there tossing and turning unable to sleep. I lay there for about an hour before I get out of bed. I make my way to the kitchen to get a glass of water and I see its only midnight. I throw on some sweatpants and a hoodie and decide to go for a walk thinking that might help me sleep.

I don't know where I'm walking but I just go wherever my feet take me.

I don't know how long I've been walking but I'm on a road with nothing around me but trees. It's peaceful, but eerie at the same time. I decide to turn around and head back to Eddie's, but when I turn around, I realize I don't know where I'm at. I start to freak out a little bit, but then I realize I've just been walking straight. I think. Why can't I remember the way I came from.

I turn around and just start walking back the way I think I came from. I walk for what seems like forever and I'm still in the middle of nowhere. I hear something behind me, so I turn around to see what it is. There are lights in the distance. I squint to try and get a better look. I'm pretty sure it's car. I move out of the middle of the road because the last thing I want is to get hit by a car in middle of nowhere.

I keep looking behind me to see how close the car is getting. The closer it gets I realize it's a truck, and the truck is getting slower the close it gets to me. I start to get nervous. The truck pulls right up next to me and stops, but I don't stop walking. Someone gets out of the truck.

"Kiddo what are you doing out here?" I hear a familiar voice shout behind me.

"Hopper? What are you doing out here?" I ask turning around to walk back towards him since I know he isn't some creep.

"I asked you first." He says laughing a bit.

"Oh well I couldn't sleep so I went on a walk."

"This is awfully far from you house kid."

"I live with Eddie Munson now. My parents ditched me the day I turned eighteen. They left me a note saying they were selling the house and that I needed to get out, so I moved in with Eddie."