Chapter Three

Monica's POV

Time seemed to drag today. I had no interest in anything the teachers were saying. All I wanted was for my fourth period to be over so I could go eat lunch with Steve. I was sitting in history class bored out of my mind. I was doodling in my notebook when the person next to me reached over and tapped my arm.

"Hey" She whispered

"Hi'

"Your drawings are pretty good."

"Oh, haha thank you." They were just doodles I don't think they were that good.

"My name is Nancy. Nancy Wheeler."

"My name is Monica Alpe."

"First day?" she asked. All I did was nod my head yes.

"Wanna sit with me at lunch?"

"Sure" I responded with a smile.

The bell rang not soon after and I followed Nancy to the cafeteria. We got our food and sat down to eat. Nancy and I talk, and I fill her in on my boring life story. She tells me hers and about how she has a brother and a sister.

Not soon after Nancy finishes talking about her family Steve slides into a chair next to me.

"Hey Mo. How's class going?"

"Boring. How about you?"

"Even more boring than your classes."

"Oh, I'm sure they are." I laugh

Steve just looks at me for a second and I can feel my face start to blush again. I move my head down and then over to where Nancy was sitting, only to find se wasn't there anymore. Odd.

"Got any plans after school Mo?"

"Uhm not really. I was just going to finish unpacking my stuff."

"Are you still in your house on Maple?"

'Yup. Dad had it renovated though so we had to take the stuff we had left there from when we moved." I added "How about you? Do you have any plans after school?"

"Why yes I do thanks for asking." He said with a smile

"Well, are you going to tell me Steve"

"If you'd stop interrupting me Mo." He laughed "After school I'm helping this pretty awesome girl unpack her stuff."

"And who happens to be this pretty awesome girl?" I ask playing along with his game.

"You!" He says stealing a fry off my tray. I swat his hand away from my food, but he steals another fry.

"Ok Steve you can just have the rest." I give in, "I have to go pick up my books from my first period that I missed because of a certain someone." I say looking right at him

"Wait for me I'll come with you."

"Fine, but don't make me late to anything else today." I say in a stern but playful tone.

We walk down the hallways to find my first period class which was art. I didn't need any textbooks, but the teacher handed me a small bag of materials and a sketchbook. I stuffed the materials in my bag and head back out to the hall where Steve was waiting for me.

He had his arm up above his head and he was leaning on the lockers. I don't know what it was about that stance, but it made the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. All I could do was stand there and gawk at him. His shirt lifted just slightly so he was teasing you with a view of his toned stomach. It was so hard to tear my eyes away.