Chapter Twenty-Seven

A/N: I made sure to make this chapter a long one to make up for my lack of updating!! 3510 words for you guys :)

Eddie's POV

I lay in bed next to Monica not able to sleep at all. Once I hear her little snores leave her mouth, I carefully move off the bed trying not to make any movements that will move the bed and wake her.

I finally mange to slip off the bed. I make my way to the door when I hear he groan. I spin around to see if she's awake, but she's not. She just rolled over. She's absolutely beautiful even in her sleep. She looks so at peace even after everything that happened tonight.

I feel the guilt start to set in, so I leave my bedroom and close the door behind me. I walk out to the living room and flop down on the couch. I wish things could have gone differently. I don't want her to hate me. I mean I don't blame her for hating me I lied to her for almost two full months. I'm not sure if she hates me because of what I did or if she was so upset and angry with Steve, and then when she found out what I did she just snapped. I want to talk to her, but I'm going to wait and give her as much time as she needs.

~~

I don't get any sleep. I stay up all night feeling bad about what I did. I sit up to look at the clock to that it's eight. I turn the tv on and watch the news. I'm not even really watching the news I'm just using it as some background noise to drown out the sound of all my negative thoughts.

It had been about a half hour of me just staring at the tv when I hear my bedroom door open. I look to see Monica dragging herself out of my room. She doesn't even acknowledge me. She goes straight for the bathroom; I assume she's grabbing some Tylenol. She walks into the kitchen and grabs water to take what I assume is the Tylenol. She turns around making eye contact with me her face instantly drops into a frown, causing me to be more upset with myself. Even just looking at me upsets her. What have I done? I ask myself.

"It's too early don't even try to talk to me." She says taking her water and leaving the kitchen to go back to bed.

I feel myself sink a bit lower into the couch. I get up and grab my keys. I need to leave and be alone.

I get in my van and head to the lake. I want to be somewhere no one else is I can't deal with people right now.

I get to lover's lake. What a stupid name for a lake. I park my van and walk around the edge of the lake until I get to a secluded spot, I know no one else is going to be at.

I sit under a tree with my back against the bark of the tree. I look out onto the lake and see how peaceful it is. I breathe a good deep breath. It feels like the first-time oxygen has hit my lungs in a long time. My body instantly relaxes a bit more.

I came here to get my mind off Monica, but she's all I can seem to think about. I feel so horrible. My brain keeps throwing these degrading no good thoughts at me about how bad of a person I am, and that I'm the reason she is so hurt.

I breakdown. I haven't cried in a long time, but I can't help it. I feel so guilty and horrible.

I cry harder. I should have just told her the first time I talked to her. Things would be perfect now. I was so stupid to hide it from her.

I quickly stop my sobbing when I hear rusting in the woods behind me. I spin around to see Robin.

"Eddie?!"

"Robin?!"

"Are you ok Munson?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie, but she gives me this look. "No... not at all." I say starting to cry just a little more.