Chapter Twenty-One

Monica's POV

I walked for about an hour. I had walked back into town. I walked towards the video store. I went in to see if Steve was there. He was but he didn't notice me come in.

"Excuse me I'm look for a tall super handsome guy with great hair and a great smile. Can you help me?" I laughed.

"Mo!!" He turned around and picked me up in a hug. "What are you doing here?"

"Max was sick and kicked me out, so I didn't catch what she had."

"How did you get here then?"

"I walked"

"Baby I would have picked you up if you called Robin was here earlier."

"I didn't want to bother you. Plus, I like walking." I smile at him.

"If you say so." He said turning back around to finish stocking the shelves.

I walk over to the counter and hop up to sit on it. I swing my legs back and forth while Steve works.

"Hey, can I stay with you this weekend?"

"Of course, you can. You're always welcome at my house." He says walking over to kiss me.

"Gross get a room you two." I hear Steve's best friend Dustin say as he walks into the store.

"Hey Dustin, how have you been?" I really like Dustin he's a sweet kid.

"Pretty good. Are you guys going to the party at Jason's tomorrow night?"

"I was planning on going after I got off work." Steve answers

"What about you Monica?" Dustin asks

"Hmm sure. I'll go." I say smiling and looking at both Dustin and Steve.

"Sounds good guys I'll see you there." And with that Dustin leaves. He just pops in at random times, but his company is always nice.

"You wanna go back to my place? I can't close until ten that's another three hours. I can give you car keys."

"Are you sure Steve?" I ask. I have my license, but I never had a car to drive so my driving is a bit rusty.

"Yes, babe, I'm sure." He says tossing me his keys.

"Ok I'll be back at ten to pick you up." I say leaning over the counter to kiss him.

"Drive safe." And with that I head out the door and to Steve's car.

I was just going to go to Steve's house and wait since I have extra clothes there, but I want to look nice for this part, so I decide to drive to Eddie's to grab some things and that's it.

I get to his trailer and his van is there. I really don't want to talk to him after earlier. I walk in and straight to his room. I hear him get up off the couch to follow me, but I shut the door to his room hoping he will get the hint that I don't want to talk to him.

He doesn't.

He comes in the room and just sits on his bed he doesn't say anything. I ignore him and head towards the closet. I rummage through the closet looking for the dress I had decided to wear to this party tomorrow. I find it. It's a skintight red silk mini dress. I throw it on the bed next to him. I grab some jean shorts and a t shirt to wear on Sunday, then I grab some sweatpants and a hoodie just to sleep and lounge around in. I grab a matching red lace bra and underwear set and through it on the bed. I see Eddie's eyes go wide. Then I grab a comfier but still matching dark blue set to lounge in on Sunday.