Chapter Twelve

Monica's POV

I doze off during the first movie Eddie and I watch. I wake up to him carrying me upstairs to my bedroom, but I act like I'm asleep because I don't want him to feel bad for waking me up.

He lays me down on one side of the bed and I get comfortable, but I don't feel him lay down next to me, so I open my eyes slightly only to see him standing there in just his sweatpants.

God he's hot.

He finally lays down next to me, so I move closer to him laying my head on his chest. He almost instantly starts running his fingers through my hair. It feels so nice I start to doze, but before I fall asleep, I hear him start whispering something.

"I've never told anyone this, but I have nightmares every night when I go to sleep. I wake up shaking and sweating every night, but not the night you slept over. That was the first time in four years that I had gotten a full night of sleep." He whispers still running his fingers through my hair.

"On a less serious note, I was super high when I kissed you, but I don't regret it. I'm glad I was high because I probably wouldn't have done it. I would have turned around and left before you even opened the door, because I feel that nervous around you."

I know I'm not supposed to hear any of it, but I can't help but smile a little bit. I can't believe just being around me makes him feel that way. The craziest part is that I feel the exact same way around him.

He leans down and kisses me on the forehead. I groan just a little wanting him to know that I acknowledged the kiss.

"Ok I'll let you sleep now." He whispers still assuming that I'm asleep.

He gets closer to me while finally settling into my bed.

I move slightly, but only to wrap my arm around his torso and pull him a bit closer. I close my eyes and before I know it, I'm falling asleep.

~~

I wake up the next morning and stretch out reaching for Eddie. He's not there. Was last night a dream too? Did I just imagine everything again?

"Good morning sweetheart." I hear Eddie say. I turn my head to see him standing in my doorway with nothing, but a towel wrapped around his waist. My jaw must have dropped.

"Like what you see?" he asks noticing my reaction. "I hope it was ok I used your shower. I just woke up a bit early and wanted to shower."

"You didn't wake up because you had a nightmare again, did you?" I ask instantly regretting what I said because I was not supposed to hear what he had told me last night.

"No, I didn't have a nightmare." He answers rubbing the back of his neck looking embarrassed.

"Did you hear everything I said to you last night?" he asks still looking down.

"Yes Eddie, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. Everything you said made me smile. I'm glad I can help you sleep better at night."

"And what did you think about the rest of the things that I said?" He asks finally looking back up at me.

"Eddie the way you feel around me is the exact same way I feel around you. I feel nervous every time I even glance at you. I feel like I'm going to say something stupid that will make you not want to be around me, or that I'm just going to embarrass myself around you."

"Monica, I feel the same way, but I want you to know that you don't have to worry about that hanging around me. I'm never going to judge you for anything you do." He says causing me to smile.

"Now that we both got all the mushy stuff out of the way I'm gonna grab my clothes and go change in the bathroom." He says laughing.

I hop out of bed and make my way downstairs. I open the fridge and grab the few eggs we did have to make breakfast for Eddie and me.