Chapter Sixteen

Eddie's POV

I'm not even sure when I fell asleep, but I woke up to the sound of Monica's voice. I looked over and she wasn't on the couch anymore. I checked the kitchen. Not there either. I head towards the stairs, and I see her at the front door.

"Hey who's at the door?" I ask walking up behind her. I see too late that it's Steve. Fuck. I don't know what to do besides stand there.

"Why is he here?" Steve growls at her. It takes all my strength not to pummel him right there and then just for talking to her in that voice.

"Oh, we were working on our project for art. My parents already knew about it so that's why its ok."

Liar. I'm here because you want me here. You enjoy me in more ways than one.

"Ok then let me see the art project." Steve demands.

He's not helping himself. I still want to hit him.

"Yeah, give us one second to grab it." Monica says in a panicked tone while pulling me upstairs.

"Oh my god you should have stayed on the couch." She scolds me.

It's not my fault why am I in trouble.

"Hey, don't blame me because you can't decide which boy." I spit back at her not really wanting to deal with her attitude right now.

"I did decide Eddie. Steve's my boyfriend. You're not." She says almost yelling at me.

I feel my heart break. We spent all day today together and last night. Does everything that happened between us not matter to her. Was I just some sort of second choice when Steve doesn't want her?

"That's not how it seems, but if that's how you feel then our art project is finished." I growl at her.

I leave her in room just standing there. I'm not going to stay somewhere that I'm only wanted when it's convenient for the other person.

I go to walk out the door, but Steve stops me by standing in the doorway.

"Watch your back Eddie." He growls

"Fuck off Harrington." I say shrugging his hand off my shoulder and walking to my van to leave.

I start my van and head home. I walk into my trailer and straight to the fridge for a beer.

I drink one after the other until I don't feel upset anymore.

~~

It's been a couple hours its ten now. I hear a knock on my door. I rush to open it hoping that it's Monica, but when I open the door, I find Steve standing there and his friend Billy Hardgrove.

"What the fuck do you two shitheads want?" I slur out.

"We're here to make sure you never even look in Monica's direction." Steve spits at me.

"Why?" Is all I can manage out.

"You think I didn't see the hickie on her neck? I know I didn't put it there and you're the only other guy she knows"

"She wanted it." I argue

"That doesn't matter. I'm not going to let the hottest girl in school slip through my fingers. Especially not for you to have her."

Before I could even try to argue with Steve, Billy pulled me out of my trailer and threw me on the ground. I go to get up and Steve kicks me in the stomach. I fall over and curl into a ball trying to protect my stomach. They both kick me at least three more times. I can taste blood in my mouth. Steve doesn't stop. He bends down and punches my face a couple of time before Billy pulls him off me.