24a. Little things I

Start from the beginning

She wore a white t-shirt which was stuck neatly into her Fendi gown. Her hair braids were neatly packed into a ponytail as she complimented her look with Mom's signature necklace.

 Her hair braids were neatly packed into a ponytail as she complimented her look with Mom's signature necklace

(You guys should already know that Stephan never disappoints)

Stephan looked good but she looked stressed and very pale- ashen. Her eyes looked like they could tear up any moment from now and her hands were shaking.

I quickly ran to her side and scooted her over in my arms while I caressed her cheeks.

"Steph, what's wrong?" I asked as a tear drop fell from her eyes.

Stephan opened her mouth to talk but no coherent words found it's way there. Her mouth was left hung Open as she pointed to a particular direction.

"Stephan, I'm here for you. Tell me what's wrong?" I asked as she sniffed while pointing to the same direction.

There was nothing that looked odd in that direction. It was just a bunch of people who were dining and dancing.

"Hey, I'm still here?" The thick lady said as she waved her hands in front of me and I have her a stink eye.

"Get the fuck out of my face!" I yelled as I quickly picked up my keys from the table and ran straight to where my car was parked.

Fuck this wedding reception and that thick lady!

I opened the door and I put Stephan in the front seat as I drove straight to my house.

Stephan was quiet all through as tears cascaded down her cheeks but she didn't say a word, except if her constant sobs count.

I took her palms in mine as I gave them a gentle squeeze. This was very weird. Stephan had never acted like this before.

She was a cry baby but then, she never cried without a reason and she would always let you know the reason why she cried. I tried to think of what could be the cause but my head was blank.

We had arrived at the house soon enough. The roads in Abuja decided to be free today.

When I dropped her in her room, I quickly put on the water heater so I could boil some water for her.

Mom!

That was when I remembered her. She was meant to be with Stephan all along. I had totally forgotten about her, maybe because I was already used to being alone with Stephan but I had to call her. Maybe she would know something about that.