💔Hope and trouble - 28

Your Pov- 

You're getting ready to leave to help Bob at the butcher diner, more known as the Boy's N' Grills. Bob will be driving you back to your house so Rick can baby sit Max for you. Currently he's putting the dogs outside for the day until you both get back. He's not worried about the dogs since there's trees in the backyard and a large enough kiddy pool for the dogs to play in, plus it's getting cold out so it's a good time for the dogs to be so fluffy. You help Max get ready, which is not hard since he enjoys any ride in any type of Motor vehicle and Bob is allowing him to bring Pup, now known as Cardamom with him to keep some company with a person that's practically a stranger to the boy.

You watch as Max eagerly picks Cardamom up and totes her around. You always have found this funny since she weighs about a little more then Max and is about his own size. Most would find it odd but it's not uncommon for people to carry their weight when they enjoy what their doing or what's going on. Max can wobble around with her in his arms pretty easily on his own. You hold his sweater sleeve and pull him out to Bob's truck. Max gets in the back and sets Cardamom right next to him.

Bob soon comes outside and starts up the truck while you get in the front with him. He drives into town and shortly arrives at your place. Bob exits while you unbuckle. Shortly Bob opens the passenger door for you and helps Max and Cardamom out of the back. You can see Rick sitting on the porch waiting for you and Max. You open up the door greeting Rick and hug Max a quick goodbye.

"Be good for mister Rick and if she needs to go outside let her, ok?" Max nods and hugs you once more before you leave. You hug back and then get up to leave. "Love you Max." He picks Cardamom up.

"I love you too Nabi! Be safe, please!" You nod and get in the truck with Bob, who waves goodbye to Max. You lean back in your seat feeling slightly uneasy over leaving your kid alone but calm down knowing he will be alight in the new town. Bob looks over at you for a moment and then focusses back into the road. It's not a long drive from your house to the Boy's N' Grills. Once you both arrive Bob opens your door for you again.

"Someone's quite the gentleman, Thank you." Bob chuckles while giving a silly bow making you smile some more. You both enter and Bob heads into the back while you wait in the front. Soon he comes out with an apron that has the Boy's N' Grills logo attached to it. He helps put it on you and ties the strings around your waist.

"I'll be in the back, just write down what they want if their ordering food and tell me what to cook, or if their ordering out just put it in the system, weigh it, and the computer will give the correct price. If they order something specific or we don't have currently just come ask me." You nod and grab a notepad and pencil from behind the the counter while Bob leaves into the back.

You look around at the diner mixed butchery. It's warm and inviting from the mix of old country and diner look. You start to relax expecting today to go relatively well. You look around seeing if there's anything to do in the mean time since no one is here. Surprisingly the place is well cleaned, tables have salt, pepper, ketchup, salsa, and napkins, there's nothing really to do but wait. Bob has surprisingly kept his business well maintained by himself.

After waiting a bit you see two cops you've seen before walk inside. If you remember correctly their names were John and Jack. The two walk up to the counter and you greet them. They seem surprised to see you working here.

"How are..you and your kid doing?" John asks you.

"Well hopefully Max never remembers shit or when it finally clicks as a teen or adult I have money if they need therapy.... How are you both?"