"𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴"

"OMG!"

"So Eunjin, do you have a boyfriend!"

"Oh, no I don't!"

"What?! You're too pretty to be single! Do you like anyone?" The girls were all gathered in Eunjin's room as she was placing her items away, she didn't mind them being there, she actually enjoyed their company. "I do, but it's a bit complicated."

"What do you mean complicated?" Umeko asked her, twirling in her spinning chair as Eunjin chuckled. "I mean we both like each other, but since i'm here now and I don't have any plans on moving back..it just seems pointless to start a relationship with him. Plus he hasn't really been responding to me at all..he's active in our groupchat, but it really seems like he's ignoring me."

"Maybe he just doesn't know what to say. That's how Umeko's boyfriend was, they told each other they felt the same romantic feelings, but he was so shy that he didn't know what to say to her." Michi said, glancing at Umeko as she smiled. "Now they're in a happy two year relationship!" Harumi then pulled Umeko in a tight hug.

"How'd you two meet?" Eunjin said, stopping what she was doing and sitting on the bed with Michi and Harumi. "It was so romantic!" Harumi said for Umeko as Michi threw a pillow at her. "Can you let the girl who experienced it say it herself?!"

"Fine.."

"We met at a pet store, the one just across the street. I was getting some cat food for Emi, my cat who sadly passed away and they put the food at the top shelf. The bag I get is the big bag and I was struggling because I couldn't find any workers to help me."

"Luckily Sho was there and he too had a cat. He saw that I was looking around for help and he got the bag for me. I was really just in shock because he was just so tall and pretty. He offered to take the bag of food for me to the register and to my place." Umeko said with a smile on her face as the three stared at her in awe even though Michi and Harumi heard this story hundreds of times before.

"I told him I would give him some money for helping out, but he refused and instead he asked if he could take me on a date if I was fine with it. Of course I said yes because he was just so dreamy!" Umeko laughed. "Then we went to this pet zoo, I guess he had the idea that I had a pet and you know— yeah. After that we just kept talking with each other and then he confessed, then I confessed and we've been dating ever since!"

"She was so in love! You should've seen her after she came home from that date! She was blushing and she looked like a princess!" Harumi said, smiling as Umeko rolled her eyes. "I did not look like a princess."

"You did though!"

"And what about you two? Do you two have someone?"

"I haven't found anyone and I prefer it that way." Michi said, laying her back on the bed as Harumi shook her head. "She's just too lazy to find someone." she whispered to Eunjin as if Michi wasn't right there next to her. "I have a boyfriend!" Harumi proudly said.

"An imaginary one." both Michi and Umeko said at the same time. "He's real! I swear to you!" Harumi tried defending herself. "What's his name then if he's real and why haven't we met him yet?" Umeko teased the younger girl as Eunjin laughed. Harumi looked a bit nervous before speaking and Michi found it a bit odd.

"Promise you won't get mad Ume?" Harumi went over to Umeko and quickly brought her into a tight hug. "Why would I get mad— wait Harumi?!" Umeko looked at Harumi in disappointment before sighing. Eunjin was confused so Michi sat up and scooted closer to her while Umeko and Harumi were talking.

"I'm pretty sure she's dating Umeko's brother. It's not that Ume doesn't mind, it's just that he's twenty-seven..and he already has a kid and Ume doesn't want Harumi involved with him. Hajime isn't bad, he's just a bit concerning at times." Michi filled in for Eunjin, placing her hand on top of Eunjin's head as the two looked over at Umeko and Harumi.

"Okay, okay Harumi. How long has this been going on?" Umeko asked in a soft voice, finally giving in to accept the situation. "Just for a month, I swear! We didn't really start talking until Thanksgiving and plus you already know that i've liked him for so long!"

"Plus I know how you hate the idea of any of your friends with Hajime and I should've talked to you first, but I was scared to and went behind your back..I'm sorry." Harumi lowered her voice a bit, feeling anxious as what Umeko was about to say. "I'm going to kick you out if you say sorry again, Harumi. It's fine, if you're happy with him then i'll be happy for you. I'll just give him a little talk."

Umeko then ruffled Harumi's hair with a wide smile on her face. "If this works out I might actually have Harumi as my younger sister!" she hugged her tightly as Harumi cheered while Michi smiled at the warm interaction.

Eunjin could feel that what those three girls had with each other, was what she was missing her entire life.