( lovers quarrel ) - 51

- y/n's pov -

today was thursday november 5th, already almost the end of the week. i havent talked about it in a while but school doesnt really bother me. the most that bothered me is the fact that im a quiet kid who doesnt have many friends, but at the moment thats not a problem.

i have louis, ella, even matthew and nick. plus, more people had been smiling at me down the halls and people tried talking with me during class. ive realized that socializing really isnt that bad, its just my own mindset that has been holding me back.

still, im the same old shy y/n who needs my friends to feel comfortable. but to be honest, im happy with that. i have real true friends who are always here for me, and that is all that matters.

another positive note, my mom has been doing do well with her job. she got promoted, which really helped her salary and our bills and finances.

my only real problem is this feeling at the back of my mind. dont get me wrong, it might just be my anxiety but i feel weird. something about louis or involving louis has been keeping me up at night. i cant exactly figure out what it is, but i guess its not such a big concern.

so, life is going great, and i hope it stays this way.

-

"hey" louis says at my front door

"hi" i grin

"i brought my car today, i didnt really want to walk in the cold" he shrugged

"good. me neither" i sighed, and we walked over to his car

he opened my side of the car door, as if i couldnt open it myself.

"louis i can get in without your help" i say, acting like i hate his gestures

"no you cant" he rolled his eyes sarcastically before getting in the drivers seat.

"sure" i whispered under my breath, holding in a smile

"what was that?" louis asked, making me turn to face him

"oh, i didnt say anything" i shrugged

"oh really?" his voice sounded different, but in a good way.

the way were it sends shivers down your spine, the way where you can hear him taunting you.

"yeah. really." my cheeks heat up, knowing that louis is about to start teasing me

i look out the window and inhaled a breath. i could feel louis' gaze burning on me. after a minute his eyes left me and he shifted the gear stick, finally driving off.

i let go of my breath, exhaling in relief.

he didnt win this time.

i smiled to myself as the car ride was silent for a few minutes. thinking i had actually won one of louis' 'teasing' moments.

but of course, he will always win with me.

when i thought i had acquired peace and quiet, louis wrapped his hand around mine. i tensed up, not expecting it. i looked down to our hands, but louis kept his eyes on the road. he held the hand closest to him, which was my left hand. there he felt my fingers, like he was looking for something. his cheeks were red, and so were mine.