( picnic ) - 31

I held y/n's hand while we walked to a feild. Most of the grass was dead, considering it was fall. Nonetheless, Ella was still overly excited about this picnic.

Ella, Matthew and Nick walked side by side while y/n and I follow behind them.

"so, how are you liking Paris so far?" I start a conversation with y/n

"oh my gosh, do you really have to ask that?" she grins

I slightly laugh seeing how excited she gets when I mention something she loves.

"how do you like Paris?" y/n asks in return

"I go here alot with my family, so I'm quite used to it" I shrug

"I've never met your family" y/n brings up

I think to myself, she's right. It's weird knowing that y/n has never met my parents or my sisters. Considering how important she is to me, I think it's about time she meets them.

"why don't you meet them after this trip?" I ask

Y/n stays quiet for a few moments.

Maybe I shouldnt have asked that. Did I make her uncomfortable? What was I thinking? She's only my bestfriend, am I putting too much pressure on her?

My thoughts broke after y/n speaks.

"that's sounds like a nice idea!" she smiles, but her voice slightly quivered.

I could tell she felt nervous.

"Really?" I say, my heart leaping

She grins and nods, looking up at me. I smile back and blush a bit, never getting over her cuteness.

"okay guys, we're here!!" Ella shouts

Y/n and I look away from each other and walk up to Matthew and the rest of the group. I was trying to hide my smile, but I couldn't help it. My cheeks were burning with pink, I could tell that y/n was blushing too.

The group stands infront of us for a while, until one of them finally spoke up.

"what happened. why are both of you smiling like that?" Nick teases

I try to not make eye contact with y/n.

"come on, speak up" Matthew smirks

after a few seconds of awkwardly standing there, Ella brakes the tension

"are we ever going to get a day where you two aren't flirting?" She sighs

I tense up, not knowing what to do

"N-no! we weren't- you see, we just- "

Ella interrupts my stuttering with her obnoxious laugh, filling the entire field.

My hands were sweaty so I let go of y/n's hand. She looks at me but quickly looks away, hiding her tinted pink cheeks.

- Y/n's Pov -

After Ella finished her laughing spree, she started setting up the picnic stuff as if nothing happened. Matthew and Nick had an annoyingly wide smile on their faces. Louis and I haven't spoken a word.

We all finished setting up the picnic blanket and the food. Louis was sitting beside me while Ella, Matthew and Nick were all sitting on the other side. They were all talking about something random and stupid, but their stories were genuinely intriguing.