( over protective friend ) - 16

I left my mom at home, hopefully she'd be alright. I'm back at the library, sorting books again. Although this time, I wasn't here to pay for Paris. I'm here to pay for bills. I am upset at the fact that I would have to work mostly for the bills now, I'm not sure if I can even go to Paris at this point. But I need to help my mom, so I try to keep positive thoughts in my head.

I told you earlier that my mom never gets sick, and it's true. But whenever she does get sick, it's really bad. She stays in bed for days, not being able to function properly. She doesn't get better until nearly a month later.

So this means that I probably won't be able to go to Paris. Unless I skip school to work, there's zero chance I'll go on the trip. That makes me sad because I was really looking forward to the trip. It's been my dream ever since I was a little girl.

I continue working for the entire day and when I get home, I cook dinner for me and my mom.

*

It's now Monday, and I'm at my desk with my head down. I worked for the entire day yesterday, and I couldn't get sleep. So today, I'm really tired.

I heard someone walk into the classroom. I lift my head up to see if it was the teacher, but it was just Louis. He smiled when he saw me, but I didn't have enough energy to smile back. He sat down in his desk, and started a conversation with me.

"Hey y/n"

"Hi Louis" I tried to sound positive

It was kind of awkward considering the last time we saw each other, he tried to kiss me.

"Are you okay?" He asked

I think I zoned out on him

"Oh, yeah. Sorry" I turned to the front of the class and Ms Jackson was already there.

She started the class and I tried my best to keep my eyes open.

I kept zoning out in class. It was just so hard to keep focus, I couldn't help it. I knew that Louis noticed, he would poke me with his pen whenever he caught me zoned out. I could tell he was worried, I was usually really good at listening to the teacher.

"Y/n, are you okay?" He whispered to me

"Hm?" I asked, not hearing him

He slightly blushed, weird.

"I said are you okay?"

"Oh, I'm fine. I just didn't get alot of sleep last night"

I turned away and looked back up at the board.

During class I would constantly ask to go to the bathroom. There I would splash cold water on my face, to wake myself up. It worked, but only for 15 minutes. Obviously I couldn't go to the bathroom every 15 minutes, so I just had to force myself to stay awake.

My tiredness honestly isn't that bad. I mean, I imagine my mom doing this everyday. I'm so lucky to have her. She does everything for me, so I could do this little sacrifice for her.

*

I'm at my locker getting my backpack. I close my locker door and flinch when I see Louis there. Why. Does. This. Always. Happen.