( turn for the worse ) - 14

- Y/n's Pov -

I woke up and it was the weekend. Finally, some peace in life. I tried to forget about what happened yesterday. Louis tried to kiss me, two times. But I rejected him. It just doesn't feel right. I don't have a crush on Louis, he's just my friend. If he even considers me as a friend. At most he's my friend, at least he's my classmate. Our relationship is as simple as that.

I decide I should start to get ready for the day. I should go around looking for job opportunities. I could help my mom with the bills and I might be able to save up for my school's trip to Paris.

I finished showering and putting on an outfit, I go into the kitchen to see what I have to eat. I notice my mom went grocery shopping. This is great! Now I'm able to cook. But I look in the fridge and see leftover pizza. My mom must've ordered it. I took it out and put it in the microwave.

As I'm waiting for the pizza to heat up, I scroll on my phone. Oh great. Another post of Louis and I from yesterday. I was hugging him, after he fought Damian. No one could see my face, thank gosh, because it was buried into Louis' chest. I could see Louis' face smiling and blushing. Okay, at least I know for sure that he sees me as a friend. Friends hug each other, all the time.

But do friends try to kiss? Do friends blush everytime they touch? Do friends lose their mind while thinking about each other?

"BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP"

Oh, the microwave is done. I eat breakfast and head out the door.

As I walk past the local shops, I look on their windows for "now hiring" signs. I play with my nails as I stroll past them. I stop infront of a library, it had the sign on it. I go inside and see what I should do.

"Hello there!" An old woman says as I walk up to the front desk.

"H-hi" I respond, smiling. Omg did I really forget I couldn't talk to people? I start to feel hot.

"Well, what can I do for you dear" she asks

I take a deep breath. You can do it y/n, an old woman can't hurt you.

"I w-was just wondering how to apply for the job" I ask shakily

"Oh I'm so delighted you asked! You can start the job right here and now if you want!"

My face lights up.

"Oh! What would I have to do?" Okay, better. Not stuttering anymore.

"All you have to do is sort some books. I'll give you a list of genres they have to be sorted by, and you can get started right away!"

I smile

"I'm interested! Just asking, how much do you pay an hour?"

"We pay 25 dollars an hour, it's quite a big library" she chuckles

25 dollars an hour? I would only have to work 12 hours to reach 300! I'm sure I can go to Paris now.

"Okay! Thank you so much!!" I say as she hands me a genre sorting list.

"Where should I start?" I ask