( sorry ) - 3

-Y/n's Pov -

I heard Louis sleeping, so I had to be quiet. I realized I never checked for my stuff, like my backpack. I had it on before I passed out, but I wasn't wearing it when I woke up. I look around Louis' room, trying to find it. I found it under his table, untouched. I don't know why he's being so nice to me. I did notice that every time Damian would laugh at me, his friends laughed but never Louis. Maybe he liked me? As a friend of course. No boy like Louis would ever be interested in someone like me. I mean he's popular, he has good style, his hair so soft, his smile so perfect. He is perfect. Obviously I don't like him. He hangs out with Damian and that's a total loss. Surely he has other friends, right?

I snap out of my thoughts and look through my back pack. Everything was there. I take out my phone and started scrolling through instagram. I was scrolling for a few minutes until the video of me pops up. 100 likes already? Great. I would be the laughing stock at school. I sigh and then turn off my phone. Suddenly thoughts come flooding in. Bad thoughts. Damian was surely gonna pick on me even more. I look at my hand. The bruise he gave me from the skateboard had worsen. I turn to my side and rustle the blanket. My eyes start to prickle as a tear falls down my cheek. Why can't I just be normal? Why can't I just talk? Why can't I just stand up for myself? My tears came flooding down. I tried to stay quiet knowing Louis could hear. I silently sob as the night howls.

- Louis' Pov -

I wake up to the sound of someone crying. Y/n? I check the time, it was 2 am. Why was y/n crying? Should I check on her? I quietly stand up and walk over to my room. I stand infront of the door, debating whether I should open it or not. I listen to y/n's sobs. A girl like her shouldn't have to feel such pain. I decide I should comfort her.

I open the door and y/n is sitting on the edge of my bed, wiping her tears with her sleeve. She looks at me, shocked.

"Did I wake you? I'm so sorry.."
She says.

Why does she say sorry to everything. I walk over to her and sit next to her.

"Do you to talk about it?"
My voice was deep and croaky, since I just woke up.

Y/n sniffles. I really wish she could open up to me. Not that we were going to become friends, but I know she needs someone to talk too.

"I don't know why I just can't talk to people. I just want to be normal. I was normal when I was younger but ever since my stepdad abused me, I've never been the same." Tears flow down her eyes.

She's been abused? That explains her flinching at the smallest things.

"Thank you for telling me. I promise I won't tell anyone"

Y/n looks up to me, into my eyes and smiles. Gosh, her smile. She looks down and wipes her tears and puts her hand down on the bed, accidentally touching mine. For some reason I feel hot, some weird feeling in my stomach. She quickly pulls away, apologizing.

"I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Stop saying sorry to everything" I cut her off.

I said it in a light hearted way. I smile at her, she smiles back

"Oh okay. Sorry" she laughs. Wow her laugh. I suddenly feel butterflies in my stomach. What is happening to me? An awkward tension grew between us again, filling the silence. We just sat side by side for a few minutes. Every once in awhile we would catch ourselves looking at each other. After a while y/n layed down, probably going to sleep. I turn around and see her, already fast asleep. She looks so peaceful. I catch myself staring at her for too long, and I get up to leave.

"Louis?" I stop in the middle of my room, about to leave.

"Yeah?" I respond

"Thank you."

My heart flutters as she gives a small smile, while still closing her eyes. I close the door and head to the couch. I fall asleep not long after that, thinking of y/n.

*

10 am, I scroll through instagram. Suddenly a video of y/n pops up. Oh no. Has she already seen it? It had 500 likes, that's half our school. The comments were laughing at her, calling her 'sensitive' and 'weak'

My heart ached for y/n, then anger flushed over me. Damian was the reason why all of this happened. I had to talk to him.

Damian 🏈

Louis

Yo Damian, did you post that video of y/n?

Damian 🏈

Yeah bro 💀 did u see the look on her face? Priceless LMFAO

Louis

Damian you should prolly take it down, u might get in trouble or smth and u wont be able to play sports

Damian 🏈

Awe looks like Louis has a little crush LMAO

Louis

Nah man just worried ab ur football, that's all. Y/n's literally so annoying smh

Damian 🏈

Oh so you've been with her? Is that why u skipped yesterday?

Louis

Uh no? She's just fucking annoying. I skipped cause I had to go to the doctor's lol

Damian 🏈

Aight if u say so
Read at 10:04 am