022 | the reunion

Start from the beginning

"Where are you?" He asked, worried about her. They'd already gone into the city and started the seige.

"Somethings come up, I'll be in Mos Espa in an hour or so," she explained, looking at the clock and swearing under her breath.

"The fighting has started," he said and she recognised the sound of blaster fire in the background.

"It has? Something just got delivered, but I can tell you over the comms in case they're listening," she explained,  looking at the child.

"What do you mean?" He asked, slightly annoyed that she hadn't turned up but also glad that she wasn't in danger.

"Trust me," she said before hanging off and turning round, "Get the car out mum, we're heading to Mos Espa!"

☆☆☆

ALLANA AND PELI DROVE THROUGH the city on the cart and got the fight, driving right into the battle

"You're a bit late! Why did you bring your mother?" Din called out, looming at them.

"She wouldn't listen to me," Allana yelled back, their voices distorted over the blaster fire behind them.

"Get her to turn around," he called out and she creased her brows together.

"I can't hear you Mando," she yelled back at him, unable to hear. When she saw the giant droid she turned back to him, "What is that?"

She reached her hand out and he grabbed it, allowing her to pull him onto the cart as they drove away from the droid fight.

They shot at the droid as they drove away and when they got out of range they looked at one another.

"Dank Farrik Lana, that was dangerous!" He exclaimed, not understanding what took her so long to get there. 

"Din, look who turned up," she said and he huffed before seeing what it was.

She pulled the child out from the safe spot in the cart and she wished she could see the look on his face but she assumed he was happy.

"What ar you doing here?" He asked, the kid jumping into his arms and he laughed, the sound making Allana smile, "I'm happy to see you too,"

"And look, he got your gift," she said, showing him the chain mail armour.

Peli smiled as she looked at the three of them together and she knew that after the mission was over, her daughter would probably leave with the Mandalorian.

"You keep your head down, stay hidden until the fights over," he said, hand coming over to brush against Allanas..

"We've got a Scorpenik droid chasing us!" She exclaimed, not understanding what was going on.

"What is he doing here? Why did you bring him to a battle?" Din exclaimed and she shook her head.

"He wouldn't let go of me, that's why I was late," she explained and before they could answer, a shot was fired at the cart.

It crashed and Din grabbed Allana, arm wrapping around her waist and turning her round to shield her as she held the child in her arms.

He broke their fall, holding them as they crashed down and when he pulled away, they jumped up and started shooting at the droids.

She heard roaring in the distance and froze. She recognised the sounds from how she worked with Boba and knew what the Rancor sounded like. "That's not what I think it is,"

It was and she turned to see Boba riding a Rancor as he vame towards rhe city. She looked at Din and he shook his head.

"Don't move, let me handle this," he said, hand reaching down to squeeze hers lightly, "Cover me,"