Chapter 4

"Pay first, then I'll do it." Joshua placed his hand out for the money. "Don't worry. I won't run away."

"Hah. As if I'd fall for that." Jeonghan rolled his eyes and slumped into his seat.

"Fine. I guess I won't do it then." Joshua went back to doing his own work, leaving the other thinking.

Finally, Jeonghan let out a sigh. "Alright, alright. Fine. I'll pay you." Jeonghan reached into his pocket and pulled out a ten.

"I hope you aren't paying students to do your work again, Mr Yoon." Ms Park appeared behind the jock, startling the two of them.

"What? Of course not. I'm giving him money to buy some food. Yeah." Joshua could tell the jock was sweating nervously.

"Hm? Is that right, Jisoo?" Ms Park asked.

"Ah, yeah. Jeonghan and I are hanging out after school so he's lending me some money." Joshua flashed and innocent smile at the teacher.

"Alright then. Don't be getting into trouble on your first week now." She walked away and Joshua let out a breath of relief.

"You're name is Jisoo?" Joshua looked back up at the jock, who seemed both curious and surprised.

"Yeah. Jisoo is my Korean name." Joshua quickly took the money from the other's hand and tucked it into his pocket.

"Hmm..then..I'll call you Joshuji." Jeonghan smirked at the other, but was returned a glare.

"What? No. That sounds dumb." Joshua said, coldly. Jeonghan, like the dramatic person he is, acted hurt and heartbroken.

"C'mon Joshuji, let's be friends~" Jeonghan whined, "We'd be a good match. Maybe in dating wise too."

"Are you flirting with me?" Joshua crossed his arms and leaned into his chair. Jeonghan just answered with a smugged shrug.

"Not interested, Jeonghan." That was obviously a lie. The jock is literally Joshua's type. Fit, handsome, flirty, funny and Joshua loves a man that's affectionate.

Too bad his friends don't seem to like him. He can see why, but as long as he keeps his distance and doesn't get involved with the whole player situation, he'll be fine. Hopefully.

-

"He's what!?" Seungkwan was the one that yelled that out, but everyone had the same reaction.

"Is he seriously flirting with you? Oh my gosh..poor you." Jihoon oatted the older's shoulder, dramatically.

"I think he was just joking around though." Joshua shrugged and took a big bite of his pizza.

"Everyone would think he was joking in the beginning, but he'll slowly keep going and then he plays with the person and then break their heart. It's been the same cycle for years." Hoshi continued chewing like a little hamster.

"Hm..but he's pretty fine though." Joshua rested his chin on his head while everyone's head turned towards him.

"Hyung don't fall for it!" Seokmin shook the older back and forth while Joshua tried to steady himself.

"I'm joking. I'm joking." He's not joking.

"Good because he seriously is a player. We're fine if you're gay, but seriously? For him?" Wonwoo made a joking gag motion.

"That's because you think Mingyu's hotter." Seungkwan didn't hesitate to expose his hyung.

Wonwoo flipped his head over to the younger and blushed. "What are you talking about!?"

"I'm kidding, hyung~" Wonwoo just rolled his eyes and fixed his glasses. "But yeah Joshua hyung, don't go for Jeonghan. He's the biggest player I know and I went to a pretty sketchy school."

"R-right.." Joshua coward down. He wasn't expecting such a serious reaction. He had players in his old school but the way his friends talk about Jeonghan, it seems as if Jeonghan works as a full time player. It's kind of funny to Joshua, but he never showed it.

"Oh by the way guys. If it's too hard for you guys to call me Joshua, you can just call me Jisoo. Jisoo is my Korean name." Joshua says.

"You had a Korean name and you never told us!?" Seungkwan was oddly surprised.

"It's only day two, Seungkwan." Joshua let out a small giggle before finishing his lunch.

"Oh right...Also, give me your number so I can add you to the group chat. You're one of us now." Seungkwan had a proud tone in his voice which Joshua found funny.

"Alright. Here." Joshua held out his phone so Seungkwan could add his number in. At the same time, Seungkwan had his phone out and was adding the older to the group chat immediately.

"Annddd...done! You're part of our group now." Seungkwan gave the older a huge grin which Joshua returned.

"Y'know..it's only been my second day and I already feel like it'll be an interesting rest of the year."

-

"You want to join a club?"

"Yeah! I don't have much to do and I think it'll be fun. Plus the experience." Joshua was in the office, talking to a teacher.

"Alright. Of course! What are you interested in?" The teacher handed Joshua a paper with the clubs. Immediately one stood out to Joshua.

"Art club?" Joshua answered, "Is that club available?"

"Oh wow! The club is lucky! They were actually looking for a member to recruit! I'll email the leader and you'll join, alright?" Joshua quickly nodded and bowed his way out of the office.

Thankfully he decided to talk to the teacher after school because if he did during school, he would definitely be late for class.

He walked down the empty hall, scrolling through his phone. Until he bumped into someone.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" Joshua looked up at the person and his worried expression immediately went away. "Oh. It's just you. Never mind. I'm not sorry."

"Huh!? Hey! What's that supposed to-" Before Jeonghan could finish, Joshua began walking away, but was grabbed by the jock.

"Ewww! You're hands are sweaty.." That's when Joshua realized the other's body was full of sweat. "Where have you been?"

"Soccer practice? Don't I look hot sweaty though?" Jeonghan flirted, slipping his hands towards the other's waist.

Before the jock could do anything, Joshua moved out of Jeonghan's gripped and scowled. "You're gross and smelly. Go shower."

"Well in order to do that I have to get my towel in my locker which is where I was going to until someone rudely bumped into me." Joshua just rolled his eyes at the jock's sarcasm. "Hey! Aren't I older than you? You should respect me."

"How old are you?" Joshua asked.

"18? October 4th."

"Cool, I'm 18 too. Doesn't matter if your a few month older." Joshua, with all the sas he had, flipped the nonexistent long hair of his into the older's face.

"Alright, sassy much." Jeonghan  squinted his eyes at the younger.

"Whatever. I'm going home."

"Why are you even here?" Jeonghan asked.

"I was applying for a club. What's it to you?" Joshua crossed his arms.

"Nothing. Just curious." Jeonghan shrugged, "Okay, bye Joshuji."

"Don't call me that." Joshua was already walking away while the older was waving. Joshua didn't see so he didn't return the wave. Oh well.

Even though he just ran into a player, he was still excited as ever. Joshua loved art. Even in his old school. He was a member of the art club then so he's excited to join the art club in Korean. He can't wait.

Author's Note: posting here again!! finally 💀❤️

🦌