Chapter 3

The Next Day

"Oh! Joshua!" Joshua turned around to the voice. It was Jeonghan. He wrapped his arm around Joshua's neck, making Joshua lose his balance a bit.

"What do you want." Joshua sighed, steadying his balance while Jeonghan just smiled at him.

"Do you want to have lunch with me?" Joshua looked at the taller with squinting eyes.

"No." Joshua answered blankly, receiving gasps and mumbles from around them.

"Eyyy, c'mon~" Jeonghan whined, "Why not?"

"I'm hanging out with my friends." Joshua slapped Jeonghan's hand away and walked faster away. But, Jeonghan managed to catch up to him.

"You can hang out with mines. Or we can all get together." Joshua didn't know why the play boy was trying to hang out with him, but he didn't think it was anything good.

He also remembered that the group he hangs out with didn't seem to like his so he declined the invitation and walked away. This time, Jeonghan didn't follow.

'Thank god.' is what Joshua thought, but the people around him were still surprised.

"Did he really just reject Jeonghan?"
"I wish Jeonghan was like that to me.."
"Jeonghan could do better."
"The new student is really pretty though."

Joshua wanted to say thank you to them, but if he did, they'd probably think he's weird. So, he just went his way to the meet up spot.

When he got there, he could hear the group arguing about something stupid again.

"You're not even a real tiger!" Chan and Soonyoung seemed to be arguing.

"I am by heart!" Joshua laughed, catching everyone's attention. "Hyung! I look like a tiger, right?"

"Oh uh..yes?" Joshua panicked and just answered whatever.

"I told you, Channie!" Chan just rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Let's just go eat." They all walked to the cafeteria, but to their surprise, the spot that they always sat at was taken. Taken by Jeonghan and his friends.

"Hey! Why are you guys here!?" Chan rushed to the table along with Soonyoung and Seungkwan. The others trailed behind.

Jeonghan looked directly at Joshua. "Joshua! Everyone! Let's have lunch together, yeah?"

"No." Jihoon replied, coldly.

"Why?"

"Get out of our spot." Jihoon looked like he was getting mad, clenching his guitar case.

Seungcheol was there too. He sighed before looking at Jihoon. "If you don't want to sit with us, just sit at our spot for today. I don't feel like moving."

They were mad, but didn't have any other choice but to sit somewhere else. They didn't want to sit in the jocks old spot either so they settled behind the school.

Joshua didn't think the spot behind the school was bad though. It was calming and quiet. He enjoyed it. Unlike the others.

"Ugh! I feel like a loner!" Seungkwan complained. "Why'd they suddenly even take our spot?"

"That might be my fault." Joshua spoke up. The others looked at him with confusion written all over their faces. "Jeonghan invited me to hang out eith his group during lunch, but I declined it so yeah."

"Jeonghan did what!?" Chan yelled. Soonyoung covered his mouth in shock while the others just had their mouths hanging.

"Why'd he invite you? Did you guys talk?" Seungkwan took a bite out of his sandwich after asking the question.

"Yeah. We were partnered up for a project and I ended up doing all the work." Joshua sighed. "I didn't mind it, but I don't think that's the reason why he wants me to hang out with him."

"What is this reason then?" Wonwoo asked. Joshua just shrugged and had a spoon of rice.

"Hmm..maybe instead of going to the meeting spot, why don't we have someone save our spot so no ones could take it." Jihoon says.

"I don't think one person would be able to stop those jocks from taking the spot." Soonyoung complained.

"The one person could be Wonwoo." Seungkwan says. "Y'know, 'cause Mingyu. The guy obviously likes you Wonwoo hyung."

"No he doesn't! He's just..not as bad as the others." Wonwoo started blushing.

Even though they weren't in the right spot, it was still equally as fun.

They finished eating and went back to their classes. Joshua had to go back to his science class with Jeonghan. Hopefully they don't talk.

-

'Why does this teacher keep doing partners?' Joshua mentally screamed. Once again, he was partnered with Jeonghan to work on the worksheet.

"I'm not doing yours so you're gonna have to actually write." Joshua says, already answering the first question.

"Can you help me then?" Joshua looked up and Jeonghan was staring at him as if he was admiring the American.

"No, do it yourself." Joshua went back to work after hearing the jock scoff.

"C'mon Joshua~ I'll give you a kiss~" Jeonghan continued to tease Joshua and Joshua did his best to ignore.

Then, Joshua noticed that the girl from last time was glaring at him. 'Ew.' is what Joshua thought. 'There's nothing to be jealous about girl.'

"Shua~ Can't I just copy your answers?" Joshua shook his head, but then Jeonghan finally caught the guy's attention. "I'll pay you."

Joshua's head shot up. "Okay."

Jeonghan began to laugh. 'Looks like I found your weakness, Joshua.'

Author's Note: my eyes hurt bruh and idk why 💀❤️

🦌