Chapter 9

"Joshujiii~" 

Joshua turned around to see something he didn't expect to see first thing in the morning. Jeonghan was holding out a stuffed bear and a bouquet for him to take. 

"What's this?" Joshua asked, eyebrows furrowing. Everyone around them could see what was going on. Even his friends. 

"You said that I need to earn everything. So, how about I take you out on a date after school?" Jeonghan smirked, moving closer. 

"I'm..I'm busy after school." Joshua says, glancing over at his friends. Him and his friends had already made plans to hang out at the arcade. As much as he wanted to hang out with Jeonghan, he didn't want to leave his friends who seemed like they didn't like Jeonghan. "Sorry Jeonghan." 

"Whaatt? Are you serious." Jeonghan frowned.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I have plans." Joshua felt bad for rejecting Jeonghan so he took the gifts and gave Jeonghan a peck on the cheek, tiptoeing. 

"It's okay, hyung. You can go with Jeonghan hyung." Joshua turned around to see his friends upset, yet Seokmin was still trying to keep a strong smile. 

"What? But we already made plans." Joshua says, walking towards his friends, guilty. 

"Well..yeah, but it seems like you guys want to hang out so.." Soonyoung, who was always so happy, had a frown on his face. 

"No, no, I'll hang out with you guys. I promised to after all." Joshua says.

"..If you say so." Soonyoung says. "Jihoon, let's go." 

Out of all of them, Soonyoung seemed the most upset. Joshua didn't want to hurt any of them, and he's trying not to. 

In small groups, they all left except for Chan since Joshua and Chan has the same 1st period. 

"Are you ready to go, hyung?" Chan asked, surprisingly normally. 

"Ah, yeah.." Joshua says, obviously awkward. He turned around to Jeonghan with a small frown on his face. "I'll see you later, okay? We can go on a date another time."

"Of course, Shuji." Jeonghan says, hugging the younger. "See you later."

Joshua nodded a goodbye before leaving with Chan. 

"Chan..can you tell me something?" Joshua asked. 

"Yeah, sure." Chan says.

"Can you tell me why the others hate Jeonghan so much? I know it's not because of him being a player. I'm just really curious because they all seemed really sad when he was there." Joshua says. 

"Oh..I don't know if I'm supposed to tell you...Oh well." Chan paused before continuing. "Well, the group and Jeonghan hyung used to be friends. The best of friends. Especially with Soonyoung hyung. That's why Soonyoung hyung was so upset. They did everything together. Until Jeonghan hyung joined the soccer club. Jeonghan hyung was hanging out with them until he slowly left and hung out with who we know as the jocks. Everyone thought Jeonghan hyung had changed which made them grow to dislike him more. Soonyoung hyung felt betrayed so he didn't want any of his friends to be friends with Jeonghan hyung. So when he found out you and Jeonghan hyung are like a thing-"

"We're not a thing, but continue." 

"Rigghttt.." Chan says, obviously not believing the older. "Since he found out you and Jeonghan hyung are friends, he didn't want you to get hurt but it seems like you like him a lot so Soonyoung hyung is trying to be happy for you guys, but looks like he can't." 

New Student |yoonhong|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें