"I don't under..." He began again.

She dragged his phone from him.
"Open it!" She ordered him and somehow, he obeyed. "Go to WhatsApp, open it." He did as well, staring at her like he was...really scared of her.

She searched for Beside's contact and showed him the chats she'd read the day before, and this time he couldn't deny it anymore.
He had the guts to look sorry.

"I'm sorry, I didn't..."

"You didn't what? You didn't think I'd find out? It's not like even went through difficult lengths to hide it. It's almost like you wanted me to see it."

He held her hand and began to get down on his knees.
"Just give me another chance, I'll make it up to you, I swear."

She dragged her hand away.
"Another chance to keep using me until Nathi gets tired of her boyfriend and comes back to you, right?"

His face turned white.
"How did you know?"

"You both think I'm so dumb, don't you? Tell me, is she even really your cousin?"

He sat back down on the bed and began to look everywhere else but at her. She wasn't afraid anymore as he looked more like a child who was about to get reprimanded.

"She is."

"Why are you still lying?"
Oma was done with both of them.

"I'm not. Close the door and sit down. I'll tell you everything."

"So you can do whatever sick, twisted thing you want to do to me, I don't think so."

He looked surprised.
"I've had the chance to do something sick to you for a long time. Why would I wait until now. I don't hurt women so I don't even know what you're talking about."

Reluctantly, she shut the door slightly and handed her faith to God.

"Speak." She ordered.

"Oma I really love you." He began and she rolled her eyes.

"Skip all the lies. Can you just get to the point?"

"It's the truth but I know it's not what you want to hear." He said, looking away.
"I've been in love with Iminathi all my life and so has she. I've tried to move on countless times, but each time I tried to leave her and move away, she'd show up wherever I was, knowing I wouldn't resist her. I know she does it on purpose but like the fool that I am, I still always fall back for her. Her mother figured it out and threatened me so for my own sanity, I fled here without telling anyone else apart from my mother and managed to stay four years without her. You can imagine my surprise when I saw her here, and I wondered how she managed to track me down. "

"So even when you saw her, and you knew you guys would continue your affair, you still roped me in. Why didn't you just ask her out."

He tried to touch her again, but she shifted.
"I told you I really love you and I mean it. When I saw you, it was different. I noticed how completely different you were from her and I knew at that moment you were all I needed. But when she noticed I was no longer giving her any attention, she began to try harder and like the fool I was, I fell for her again. I told you she gets off only on people who aren't giving her all their attention. Whenever she noticed I was all in with you, she came back in full force and left again when I fell. I feel terrible telling you this story but I promise you that if you give me another chance I won't go back ..."

She didn't want to hear it.
"So you lied you were cousins because you knew I'd start suspecting?" She stated putting her own pieces together.

He swallowed.
"I didn't lie. We are cousins."