"Is she okay?" Oma asked, unable to bear the suspense and the woman snapped out of her reverie.

She apologized and asked Oma to come see Asa.

When she got into Asa's hospital room, Oma was more depressed than before. There were about ten beds in the room with the patients on them either badly wounded and groaning in pain or unconscious and possibly dead. This was an accident and emergency ward so such things were bound to occur.

She found Asa on her own bed, face turned to one side, looking so fragile and defenseless on the bed. Oma sobbed as she got to her, expecting the worst. When she got there she gasped in relief when she noticed Asa's eyes were wide open.

"Asa, you're alive." Oma whispered happily holding her free hand and sitting on the stool beside the bed.

Asa didn't say anything for a long while but Oma almost didn't notice. She was too thankful for her being alive she didn't notice Asa was...unhappy.

"I thought I'd locked the door." Asa muttered to herself.

"What...what do you mean?" Oma asked.

"Why didn't you just let me die?"
She asked so quietly, the realization of the question was completely lost on Oma.

*****

Oma found herself walking the familiar route she'd gone a few days prior. It was a walkable distance as she'd discovered and was just perfect for when you wanted to think, or for when you wanted to change your mind and go back.

She was emotionless as she'd over expressed too much feelings over the last few days that at that moment she was only vaguely aware of her environment. She didn't know exactly where she was going neither did she like it.

She felt pathetic once again. Her roommate didn't want to see her even after saving her from a suicide attempt, her boyfriend hadn't called once to check up on her in over four days, her 'best friend' who she had unmistakable feelings for didn't care either as he'd found someone to replace her with. Worst of all, she felt most pathetic because these were the only people in her life. There was really no difference between Amara and her, the same girl she'd called desperate.

She'd been unable to sleep in that room ever since Asa's attempt. Fortunately, Femi had volunteered to clean the room and the excess blood Asa had lost which Oma almost vomited upon. Days after, Oma rotated her time between reading in class and visiting an unresponsive Asa in the hospital and sleeping at Femi's room at night. But after last night, she decided she couldn't sleep there anymore as she didn't wish to be an inconvenience in Femi's crowded room. Plus, her roommates were loud and she was pretty sure they were always speaking about her in Hausa.

She'd called Asa's father but the man had said he was too broken by his dear wife's death he couldn't deal with his daughter right now, cut the call and blocked her. Oma couldn't have been more disgusted.

She knocked on the his door and simply nodded at the familiar faces she'd become used to each time she came to Asher's lodge.
After knocking for a long time, she decided to turn back, disappointed she'd come this far just for him to not be around. His window had been closed anyway, she should have known.

She called him, hoping to let him know she was at his lodge in case he was around. Surprisingly, his phone began to ring from inside the room and she heard a disgruntled groan.
That was strange.

She called again when he didn't pick, her anger rising, her suspicions forming.

"Hey, Oma." His voice sounded purposefully drawled. "I was asleep".

"I'm at your door." She said seething.

"Oh, you are? I didn't know." He responded and she felt his heavy footsteps near the door.