• 47 •

I appreciate all your support! Enjoy!

Song for this chapter!

I Follow Rivers - Lykke Li

!! First Person Perspecitve !!

- Maria Fernez -

Today is graduation, I'm not supposed to be going - but who's going to stop me? This is my last day to prove Mr Madden and Victoria's relationship. Victoria probably won't be at school though which doesn't help me but that means really graduation is the last moment to prove myself right.

My parents weren't home for the day - seeing as they were so 'disappointed' in me that they didn't want to give me any attention or even look at me to be completely honest. They were mad that they had wasted their money on a dress for me and heels just for me to get removed from graduation.

I don't think they understand that I'm just as mad about it as them, I was killing to wear my dress - so, that I will do.

I wake up at 11:30 a.m. since last night and I needed nine hours of sleep. Graduation starts at 6:30 p.m.

After eating while watching TV and doing some random shit around the house, I work out then do an everything shower and now is a good time to start getting ready. I first started by doing my hair - just curling it, that's when I heard the front door open, "Maria!" I hear my mother call out.

"What?" I yell back.

I hear her place her bag down on the kitchen counter and she walks over to my room, opening the door harshly, "Don't yell across the house- why are you getting ready? You're not going to graduation." She looks me up and down with a glare.

"Oh, Miss McGuire changed her mind" I replied, simply.

"Why didn't she email then?" She asks, crossing her arms.

"Because they trust me to pass the message along...?" I look at her through my mirror.

Her harsh gaze softens and she sighs, "Well, okay, I'll drive you" She said before leaving my room. I smile, continuing to do my hair and make-up.

Once I was done with that, I pulled my blue dress on and went downstairs. My mum smiled and took pictures for me and by then it was 6:20 p.m. which is perfect. Running a little late will be good.

We got into the car and she parked out the front of where the graduation was being held, "Have fun sweetheart, I'll go get dad and then we will be here for the ceremony" My mum smiled.

"Thanks" I replied, a little anxious seeing as I wouldn't be called onto the stage for my certificate, before getting out and walking into the area, no one noticed me so everything was going to plan.

As I walked, I searched the crowds for anyone - Victoria, Matt or Noel. However, no luck.

I then looked for Mr Maddens, but I couldn't find him either. "Miss Fernez?" I hear someone call out, Ms. McGuire. I freeze before turning to her.

"Oh... Hi, Miss" I said politely.

"I said you couldn't be here, why are you here?" She asks, sipping on a drink.

"Uh... you changed your mind, remember?" I said and she furrowed her brows, about to say something but I stopped her, "I've got to find some people".

However, as I turned to walk off - I realised the tables were full of families and none of my classmates, the graduation started and I couldn't even find my parents. So much for promising they were coming.