• 17 •

Thank you so much for the support!

The song of this chapter is!

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing - Lana Del Rey

(idk if u can tell but I love Lana)

First-person perspective

- Victoria Lawson -

I awake alone in bed. My whole back aches.

I slowly get up, sitting up on my elbows, then on the edge of my bed, and finally standing. I decide to shower.

After scrubbing my hair and body clean, I get out and put my bike shorts back on, not bothering with my shirt.

I lie back in bed on my stomach, scrolling through Instagram until Rob comes into the bedroom.

"Good morning, angel" He crawls over to me and kneels over me, playing with my hair. "How'd you sleep, my sweet girl?".

I grin, "Well, you?"

"Alright... I suppose it would've been better if you didn't kick me out".

I turn onto my back, immediately noticing his gaze drop to my chest, I ignore that though, "I kicked you out?".

His gaze meets mine again, "Mhm, no shirt?".

"That's not what we're talking about, you're lying. I did not kick you out" I shake my head.

"You did kick me out" He replies, lifting his shirt to reveal a bruise.

I gasped, pointing and placing my fingers on it "I did that? I'm sorry-" I begin but he cups his hand over my lips.

"I don't care, baby" and he gets off my stomach, lying beside me.

I pull the sheets to my chest and rest my head on his chest, his hand gently moves over my lower back and holds my hip. "Why don't you care? I most certainly care".

Robert looks down at me, he holds my face squeezing my cheeks, "I don't care because you're so gorgeous and sweet I know you didn't mean to." I smile and he lets go of my face, patting my hair as I lay my head down on his collarbone.

Marcel comes up to us and stretches but quickly lies beside me again.

We lay there for a while, until Rob speaks up, "I've just realised I need to find something, can you help me?" he asks and I nod, sitting up.

Robert gets out of bed, grabs my shirt from the bathroom and hands it to me, watching as I pull it over my head and get up too.

He leads me downstairs and through to the garage, it smells of cigarettes and petrol. However, I strangely like the smell.

There's a big shelf with a bunch of files and Robert reaches into it.

I look around and notice something covered by a tarp. "What's that?" I ask pointing.

"Hm?" Robert hums while looking over to where I point, he grins, "You ride me I ride that... or used to before I had a drunk accident on my twenty-first" He shrugs, flicking through papers.

"Pardon?" I ask, my brows furrowed. He just rubbed that off like it was no big deal. "Wouldn't that be on your record?".

"Yeah... I'm quite shocked that I got a job as a teacher, I'm nothing according to the dress code or anything".

"My lord, Rob" I mutter, standing beside him. "What do you need help with?".

"If I lift you, can you reach the thing at the back of the top shelf?" He asks.