• 38 •

I appreciate all your support! Enjoy!

Song of this chapter!

The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd

First-person perspective

- Victoria Lawson -

Will got off at a stop before mine so we said goodbye, this is when I started to get a little anxious about everything. How can I be sure he won't say anything? Fuck this pain in my chest, I cannot be feeling like this on my way to my grandma's.

I got off the train and immediately noticed the rain had become heavier, I'll be walking in the rain. I quickened my pace as I walked, and as I raced to my Grandy's, my thoughts raced about everything.

Walking faster as I turn the corner to my grandma's house, I open the squeaky, white gate at the front that's paint was peeling from how humid it always is around here.

Her house is very-very cozy, cottage-like and witchy, it's so cute. She said it's in her will that I get the house... as long as my grandpa doesn't get in the way but in her words, 'That's not likely though, the amount of cigars he smokes I won't be surprised if he passes tomorrow!'.

Ringing the doorbell she answers immediately, "Hello sweetie".

"Hi gran" I hug her and she Let's me in.

Grandma Anastasia's house always smells like pepper and I'm not sure why but it's fucking grouse. "You seem tense.. is something bothering you my dear?" She asks.

Yes, I've got the worst anxious feeling in my chest that William is going to tell everyone that Mr Maddens and I are dating.

"Yeah, I mean, It's nothing I'm not stressing over anything, it's just one of those random anxiety feelings" I lie with a smile on my face.

She frowns, "Would some of my cookies help?".

"Definitely" I nod my head quickly.

Pink Floyd plays on a record player and she shrugs my - well, Roberts, - jacket off. She immediately notices the cigarette smell and looks at me, "Hm?".

"Oh no, I borrowed the jacket it's not mine" I quickly say.

She smiles "I really don't care, my Bikkie, you're nineteen you can do what you want, when I was your age I was doing a lot worse." She says, placing Robert's jacket on the coat rack.

I follow her through the house to her lounge/art room, the curtains are drawn open which gives a view of the backyard that's very green and with the rain, it looks all the more beautiful. I sit on the couch.

"Whose jacket is it?" She asks, grabbing a tray of the cookies I had been telling Robert about and putting them on her paint-stained coffee table - the tray also having two cups of tea for me and her.

"Oh uh-."

"Is it a boyfriend's?" She asks. Grandma Anastasia is only like sixty, we gossip all the time. She looks great for her age, she looks like Mother Gothel. She's got that witchy look to her too and it wouldn't surprise me if she's hexed people before.

I think about it for a second, should I tell my grandmother about my boyfriend who is also my teacher and six years older than me? "No, it's just a friend's".

Sitting next to me, she looks at me with her brows raised, "Really?".

Once again I think about it, "Okay... yeah it's my boyfriends".