• 37 •

I appreciate all your support! Enjoy!

Song of this chapter!

Kitty Kat - Beyoncé

First-person perspective

- Robert Maddens -

The bell rings and everyone exits, everyone being anyone but Victoria, which I don't mind the fact she lingers around - she already does that in my thoughts when she's not with me.

Victoria closes the door, locks it, and sits on my desk gently in front of me, her legs together and shoes on my knees. I look down at her shoes and up at her, "Off, please".

"I'm sorry," She apologises, not only taking her shoes off my knee but getting off the desk completely. Victoria then sits in my lap with her back to my chest, and god.

I have to finish off some work and then sort out the detention schedule for Victoria as I promised. She uses her phone while I make sure I have the papers for the second period.

I've got year nines next. Fuck me dead. They're the reason I hesitate to get up in the morning. The worst part of the day. After clipping a stack of paper together, I groan and lean my chin on the top of her head.

"Have you got year nines next?" Victoria asks.

I lean back, " Mhm, yeah".

"Oh that sucks.. anyway when is your birthday and birth year?" She asks.

I furrow my brows, and chuckle, "A really random time to ask but it's... uhm... shit." I have completely forgotten my birthday.

"What?" She looks back at me over her shoulder, a little bit of a judgemental look, "You don't know your birthday?"

I shake my head, using two fingers on her cheek to push her head forward so she couldn't give me that judgemental look. "After some time I just stopped celebrating," I explain, taking my phone out of my pocket to find my birthday.

"That's really sad, Rob, we have to celebrate because y'know, older hotter and wiser." She says and a short chuckle leaves my lips.

"Right, well, thirtieth of December nineteen-ninety-nine," I say, "why do you even need this information?" I ask, slipping my phone back into my pocket and placing my arms around her waist.

"I wanna see this thingy..." She says, focused on her phone.

I grinned, "Mhmm? Well, you have fun doing that," I lift her to her feet and stand up, she sits back into my seat, "I'll be back, alright?"

Victoria nodded and I left the classroom. It's a short walk to the staff room, opening and closing the heavy door most teachers turn and look at me before going back to whatever they are doing.

Adam Smith, Mr Smith, a theatre teacher I believe. The only co-worker I actually talk to - well there's Nathan next but his idiocy upsets me. Anyway though, Adam walks over to me as I look at the pin board for the detention schedule.

"Hey Robert" Adam greets, mug of tea in hand stirring in sugar.

"Good morning" I reply, finally finding the detention schedule.

"What are you doing? You're not usually in here".

"I'm doing a favour" A pen in a cup on the little shelf draws my attention, so I grab it and search for this week's and next week's detention dates.

Adam takes a closer look, "Oh, you're doing Tiffany a favour? God, that woman's a real piece of artwork, super pretty..." He says and I hum, 'Sure'. "You should see if she would go out with you, she definitely would say yes. I see her eying you like you are some celebrity in public".