• 20 •

I appreciate your support! <3

Song of this chapter!

Groan - Dazey and the Scouts

First-person perspective

- Victoria Lawson -

We hadn't done much more that night, ate dinner, binge-watched Gossip Girl and read Wattpad fan fics in accents; English, Slavic, and Southern which is a personal favourite.

We're skipping today, a Friday since it's half a day for the seniors. I feel like I forgot to mention that before... It's fine.

We woke up at 2:30 p.m., We would've gone home two hours and thirty minutes ago if we had gone to school, We got up and decided to have a big breakfast. I sent Robert a quick message but I don't expect him to respond seeing as he's at work.

Matt, Noel and I, all file downstairs. I argue that we should have waffles because I know how to make Andrés' special waffles but Noel argues pancakes, she's so bland.

While we argue, Matt hushes us, "It's not that deep, you can have both, seriously" he rolls his eyes and begins to grab the ingredients. I shake my head, grab Matt's phone and connect it to André's stereo. André likes to listen to music while cooking, that's why it's in the kitchen.

I play Matt's main playlist that's collaborated with me. It's a mix of our favourite songs, Lana del Rey, Eminem, The Weeknd, and that kind of stuff. I skip some songs and dance around with Noel while Matt cooks - even though I said I would help. All The Stars (with SZA) by Kendrick Lamar plays and fades out into Smack That by Akon and Eminem.

I gaze over at Matt as he cooks the waffles and pancakes, while he's not looking I steal the spoon he was mixing with and lick it clean. Matt doesn't notice immediately, he turns to the bowl and looks confused then looks at me, "Pour l'amour de la merde" He glares, cursing at me, "Tu vas en enfer".

(Translation; For the love of shit. Translation; You are going to hell )

"I don't know what you just said to me because I kind of forgot what you taught me so that doesn't offend me" I shrug.

He exhales rolling his eyes, "I don't know how that man you're with cooks but that won't be tolerated here, you should know that." He snatches the spoon from my hand, cleaning it and putting it back in the bowl.

I chuckle.

Matt begins to serve up the food, placing it on plates and dressing it with syrup and sliced fruit. We turn the music down, sit on the island in the kitchen and eat. Matt was the first to finish eating, he left clean up to me and Noel since we did nothing of the sort to help cook.

While Noel and I finish eating, Matt walks off upstairs to do something.

"I'll get plates, you wipe stuff down," I say to Noel, finishing up my food. She nods her head, I grab my plate and hers, rinsing them and then placing them in the dishwasher. Noel wipes down everything and we both go upstairs to Matt.

He sits on his bed, with his vape in one hand and his phone in the other. He looks up, "Everything clean?" He asks.

Noel and I nod, "We aren't children".

"You're right, you're right" He places his phone down, and it goes silent for a second. There isn't much to do because it's too early to drink and swim yet. "I feel like painting my nails, hm?".

"Oh yeah, I need my nails painted" I nod and sit at his window seat.

"Just got them done, so no thanks" Noel politely declines, "I wanna see what boys you got, see if any are cute... maybe see if any of them are interested".