Christmas Special

Late at night, Izuku was sitting up in his room, unable to find it within him to enter stasis. How was he supposed to enjoy Christmas when Shino wasn't with him? She had to work late at night so she wouldn't be awake all day. Yes her hero work was important, even more so now that Ragdoll was temporarily out of commission so she could fully recover. He sighed and decided that there wasn't any use crying over it. He sent her a short Merry Christmas text and entered stasis until morning.

Izuku reactivated in the morning, he could hear his classmates downstairs so he got up and went down. He got down to the common space and sat down with everyone else, but Tsu and Setsuna could tell something was off. They dragged him away and brought it up, and apologized for his dilemma even though they couldn't do anything about it.

After everyone ate they had a small gift exchange where Izuku was given a prop sword. He thanked Tokoyami for it and put it in his room. He saw Setsuna and Tsu each make phone calls, but he had since put anti-hack tech in their phones so not even he could get in to listen. He shrugged it off as them calling their families letting them know they were coming over, Inko and Hisashi had gone to vacation in America for the holidays. They didn't leave him behind or anything, he just didn't want to go.

Soon everyone left the dorms, even Aizawa left to spend time with his totally not-girlfriend Ms. Joke. He slumped into the couch, about to enter stasis, when he heard the doors open and close and someone walk over to him.

Shino: *Tired* "Izu, you can't just spend Christmas alone."

Izuku whipped his head around to see his girlfriend, Shino Sosaki, the hero Mandalay, standing there, extremely tired. She sat down and he hugged her tightly and she felt wet spots on her shirt. She patted his back.

Izuku: "Why are you here? You shouldn't be here, you need to rest, not make sure I'm not alone."

Shino: "Yes I do Izu. I can't stand knowing you're in emotional pain like this when I can do something. I'm sorry I worked late, I shouldn't have. Even Primes need company on Christmas."

He heard her yawn and pull something out of her bag. When he looked up she was holding a wrapped box, a present. He took it and opened it, revealing a bunch of hero themed bumper stickers and decals. There was even a custom made one of her making a heart with her hands.

Izuku: "I have something for you too, just wait here a minute."

She nodded and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He ran up to his room and came back down with a box of his own. She took it as he sat down and unwrapped it to reveal a red metallic tail and a headpiece that would fit under her cat headset.

Izuku: "A tail made out of cybermatter. The headpiece can read your brainwaves and control the tail. The tail can extend and lift things over 200 pounds. It's like a third arm."

Shino: "I love it Izu. Almost as much as I love you."

Izuku: "I love you too Shi."

He then noticed her fall forward, eyes closed, she fell asleep. He caught her and laid her down on the couch. She had used all her remaining energy to make him happy, and he was eternally grateful. He grabbed a blanket to put over her, but she, in her last moments of semi-consciousness dragged him down to her and latched on. He smiled, pulled the blanket over them, and entered stasis, making sure he kept his heat up to keep her comfy.