Vol. 6 Ch. 43 Stealing From The Elderly

3rd Person POV

Cordovin said, "Ah, I was relieved to hear that you came to your senses, Miss Schnee. Many of us were devastated when we heard you would be attending... Beacon Academy. Knowing that you'll be returning to Atlas just warms my old heart." Pretending, Weiss said, "It was... time to get my act together and go back to my roots." Cordovin replied, "Oh, I can't wait to see you follow in your sister's footsteps." Weiss replied, with an unenthusiastic smile, "Absolutely..." Cordovin added, "I'm sending two of my best guards to personally escort you. Make sure General Ironwood hears that part." Cordovin winked and walked away. The first Nubuck Guard said, "Allow me to assist you with your bag." He walked over to pick up Weiss' luggage and said, "My, what a heavy bag!" Keeping her grip on her luggage, Weiss said, "That's alright!" The first Nubuck Guard replied, "Nonsense!" Then the second Nubuck Guard said, "Allow me to assist as well!" Weiss replied, "I can take care of it by myself!"

As Cordovin walked away, she overheard Weiss and the Nubuck Guards conversation. She stopped in her tracks and gained a suspicious look on her face. Saphron noticed this and whispered to Adrian, "Just like we practiced." Adrian nodded at his mother. The baby then let out a loud wail that can be heard throughout the base. Adrian "cried" as he fussed in his mother's arms. Pretending, Saphron said, "Oh no! Look at that, he's just going to miss you so much! You should hurry on out of here!" The two guards hupped over to Adrian as they performed weird poses to amuse him. Cordovin continued walking with an unamused look on her face. While they were distracted, Weiss quickly got onto the airship with the luggage behind her and said, "That was close." Ruby said over earpiece, "Is everything okay?" From inside Weiss' luggage, Maria said, "Call me heavy... It's all muscle! I'll show them a thing or two about heavy!" Weiss ignored her and said, "We're on board."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Ruby trying to eat a cookie bigger than her)

Ace's POV

After we finally managed to leave Argus on an airship, I sat down next to Ruby and put my arm around her as I said, "You did great today. I know that it was a bit more difficult than we had planned. But nonetheless, you still did great." Ruby smiled at me and said, "Thanks, Ace." I kissed her head and replied, "No problem, Petals."

We then heard Qrow speak up as he said, "Hey, if you've never seen Atlas in person before, you don't wanna miss this." All of us walked up to the cockpit window and Ruby said, "Is it weird that I'm sorta nervous?" Then Yang replied, "No, I'll believe we've made it to Atlas when I see it." Weiss said, "Well... believe it." The airship came out of the clouds, and the floating city of Atlas could be seen coming into view. Nora commented, "Wow!" Maria said, "You know, you make the trip up to Atlas over and over, but you never get used to that view." Then her prosthetic eyes started to act up again and she said, "Oh, come on!"

Weiss leaned forward and had a nervous look on her face. I noticed this and asked, "Weiss, what is it?" The rest of us looked up, and noticed that above the city of Atlas, there were many Atlas Airships. She replied, "The Atlas air fleet... I knew all of our ships were called back, but..." Qrow said, "They're set up like they're expecting an attack..." Suddenly, the radio turned on and we heard Atlas Air Control say, "Manta 5-1, welcome home..."

I know that this chapter was pretty short. I'd had always planned on finishing this book after I do a bit of Volume 7. Then I'll be moving on to my next book which I've got a lot of plans for.
Master out.