Vol. 2 Ch. 19 Taking Care Of Business

Ace's POV

My team and I were in the auditorium with everyone else as we waited for further instructions. I looked over and saw Ruby, who was wearing a large backpack as she entered the auditorium with other students. She then put it down next to other students luggage before rejoining her team, who were standing in front of Team JNPR and next to my team. I smiled at her as Professor Goodwitch called everyone's attention and said, "Quiet! Quiet please. Professor Ozpin would like to share a few words before we begin."

Ozpin approached the microphone and said, "Today we stand together, united. Mistral. Atlas. Vacuo. Vale. The four Kingdoms of Remnant. On this day, nearly eighty years ago, the largest war in recorded history came to an end. It was a war of ignorance, of greed, and of oppression. A war that was about much more than where borders fell or who traded with whom, but about the very idea of individualism itself. We fought for countless reasons, one of which being the destruction of all forms of art and self-expression. And as you are well aware, that was something many could not stand for. As a result, those who opposed this tyranny began naming their children after one of the core aspects of art itself: color. It was their way to demonstrate that not only would they refuse to tolerate this oppression, but neither were the generations to come. And it was a trend that is held to this very day. We encourage individuality, expressionism, and unity through diversity. As I have said, today we stand together, united. But this bond cannot exist without effort. Which is why today, while the rest of the world celebrates peace, Huntsmen and Huntresses will work to uphold it. As first year students, you will be tasked with shadowing a professional Huntsman or Huntress on a mission. Some of you may be taken out of the Kingdom for several days. Others may work within the walls for the rest of the week. But no matter which path you choose, remember to be safe, remember your training, and remember to do your very best." Then Ozpin stepped away as everyone began to file out of the amphitheater. I turned to Ruby and said, "Hey, Rosebud. Good luck on your mission." She smiled and said, "You too, Ace. I love you." I gave her a quick kiss on her head and replied, "I love you too."

My team and I went over to the mission board and began looking through our missions options. As we were trying to decide which mission we were going to do, I said, "How about this one? A sector on the outer edge of Vale needs Grimm removal while the repairs of a safety barrier is being finished." Ray and Bella nodded and Mason said, "That sounds like fun." I selected it and typed in Team AMBR. It dinged and read: Mission accepted. We went over to the Bullhead we were assigned and saw Professor Goodwitch standing by the Bullhead. She looked at us and said, "Team AMBR, are you four ready?" We nodded and got onto the Bullhead. It took off and Goodwitch said, "Alright, your job is to defend the area while I protect the workers from any Grimm that get past you four, got it?" We all nodded and I said, "Yes, Ma'am!" Once the Bullhead dropped us off, we all got into position, with our weapons in hand, and kept an eye out for any Grimm.

After a couple minutes of nothing, we saw a pack of Beowolves and Creeps approaching us. Some of the Beowolves noticed us and charged towards us, but we were ready. As the Grimm approached us, I began calling out to the others to effectively take out the Grimm quickly. I began dodging and shooting as much as possible. If the Grimm got too close to the construction workers, Professor Goodwitch would use her Semblance to fight them off and push them away. As I attacked some of the Creeps, my teammates were taking care of the other Grimm that weren't charging towards me. I killed one of the Creeps and saw a Boarbatusk about to charge at Bella from behind. I used my Semblance to stop time as I rushed over and killed the Boarbatusk before it could charge. I resumed time as Bella cut off a Beowolf's head and turned to me, saying, "Thanks for that, Ace." I nodded and said, "Gotta make sure that we've got each other's backs." I rushed back over to my position as I saw two Creeps and an Alpha Creep approaching. I shot and killed one of the normal Creeps and the Alpha roared. I looked at it and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. Was that your auntie?" I converted Blitz into its sword form as I said, "That must mean that this one's your uncle." I then killed the other normal Creep with a quick slice, causing the Alpha to roar once more and charge over to me. I smirked as it got in my face and I said, "You best get out of my face before something bad happens to ya." I heard the sound of Ray's guns charging up a shot and said, "Oops, too late." Then the Alpha Creep exploded into ash and Ray and I high-fived each other.

As Mason and Bella each killed another Beowolf, the four of us turned and saw a big Death Stalker coming towards us. The four of us looked at each other and nodded. I called out and said, "TIMEOUT TIE-UP!" The four of started thinking positively as Mason used his Semblance to form a lasso and tie it around the Death Stalker's claws. With her Semblance, Bella used our positive energy to help her and Mason hold the lasso tightly. Ray used his Semblance to phase through the Death Stalker's stinger as he distracted it until the stinger was stuck in the ground for a second. At that exact moment, I used my Semblance to stop time as I cut off the stinger with Equinox and stabbed the giant scorpion in the head with Blitz, killing it as time resumed. We then proceeded to split up and fight the rest of the incoming Grimm.

A few hours later, we finally killed the last of the Grimm. As it dissipated into dust, I high-fived my team and Mason said, "Alright. We've got the tools! We've got the talent!" Goodwitch came over us and said, "Very good, Team AMBR. The workers just finished their construction and we are clear to head back to Beacon Academy. Let me just call our Bullhead." We nodded and put our weapons away. After a couple minutes, Goodwitch returned and said, "Let's escort the construction workers back to their village. The mayor of the village has set it up for us to stay the night at the inn. Our Bullhead will be pick us up first thing in the morning." We nodded and began escorting the workers home. By the time we arrived at the village, it was already dark out. We made our way to the village inn and went to the two rooms that were set aside for us. One room for my team and I, and another for Professor Goodwitch. Before we entered our room, Goodwitch stopped us and said, "You four were exemplary out theee today. Good work. Our Bullhead will be arriving at 10 am tomorrow morning. Now get some rest." We nodded as we entered our room and went to sleep.

The Next Morning

I woke up and instantly noticed that my thumb on my left hand was twitching rapidly each time I moved it. I sighed as I took off my glove and pulled out my toolkit. I immediately saw that a small screw had fallen out of one of the joint pistons. Luckily for me, I always had extras of that type of screw in my toolkit just in case. I quickly and carefully inserted a new screw and my hand was back to normal. I closed my toolkit and put it away. I put my glove back on and heard a knock on the door. I answered it and saw Professor Goodwitch standing there. She looked at me and said, "Good, Mr. Dodger. There's been a breach in the City of Vale. I need you to wake your team while I get out our Bullhead here ASAP." I nodded and woke up my team. Once they were all awake, I explained the situation to them. We grabbed our things and rushed outside as a Bullhead arrived. We followed Goodwitch on board and the Bullhead took off towards the city. Once we got close enough, we could see Grimm all over the place as our classmates and teachers fought them off. As the Bullhead flew over the breach that the Grimm were coming from, Professor Goodwitch started mopping up the remnants and immediately closed the opening using her Semblance. The Bullhead landed and we helped take out the last couple of Grimm remaining.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.