Vol. 6 Ch. 40 The Trip To Argus

3rd Person POV

Qrow looked at everyone and said, "So, you kids ready to go? Bike all loaded up?" Yang replied, "Yep!" Weiss added, "Just waiting on Blake and Ace. As usual." Up in the walkways above them, Blake is seen conversing with Ilia, while Ace was talking with Ray and Bella nearby.

Ace's POV

I looked at Ray and Bella and said, "I can't thank you enough for your help." Ray smiled and said, "Don't mention it. We'll always be Team AMBR at heart. We're family." I smiled and said, "Well, it was great seeing you two again. I'm sure that we'll meet again in the future." The three of us shared a group hug and Bella said, "If you're ever in Mistral again, feel free to stop by." I smirked and said, "You got it. I'd better get going. See you guys!" I walked over to Blake as she looked over at me and I said, "Ready?" She nodded and I said, "Then let's go, your team is waiting on us."

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Ace taking one of Chibi Ruby's cookies)

As the train went into the tunnel, we all quickly ran into the train car as Oscar tended to Dudley, who held his bruised arm in pain. Qrow entered and approached Dudley as he said, "I said, turn those damn things off!" He picked up Dudley and shoved him into the wall as Dudley groaned in pain and replied, "Those things are keeping us alive!" Qrow said, "Us, sure, but they're putting the passengers in danger!" Dudley responded, "I'm the one they hired for this job, okay?! I'm in charge here!" Qrow replied, "Forgive me if I'm not exactly reassured."

While the two argued, Ruby and I looked out the window and noticed the Manticores enter the tunnel, continuing their pursuit of the train. I saw one of Manticores shoot a fireball at the engine. Ruby then looked behind our friends at the passengers, I could hear crying as passengers murmur amongst themselves. Ruby then walked forward to her uncle and Dudley. Qrow said, "Look, if you bozos had been doing your job instead of shaking down passengers, maybe we wouldn't be in this─" Ruby stopped her uncle, walked up to Dudley, and said, "Please just shut off the turrets." Jaune added, "Trust us, we know what we're doing." Jaune activated his Semblance to heal Dudley's arm. Dudley looked to the students before he answered and said, "Fine."

Ruby nodded and I said, "Ren, could you use your Semblance to mask everyone on this train? With the guns off and emotions hidden, they might lose track of us!" Ren replied, "Hm, I never attempted to affect this many people." Ruby said, "Well, you've never had Jaune's help before." Weiss added, "He could amplify your Aura!" Qrow agreed and said, "Yeah, that's an alright plan." Nora spoke up and said, "Don't look so worried, Ren. You can totally do this!" Oscar's eyes glow as Ozpin took over and said, "I'm afraid there's one complication... The Grimm are also attracted to this." He gestured to the Relic of Knowledge on his hip and Dudley asked, "What's that?" Qrow replied, "None of your business. Oz, are you serious?" Yang responded, "Why wouldn't you tell us that?!" Ozpin started to reply but was cut off by Ruby, who said, "It doesn't matter right now. Every second we're on board this train, we're putting everyone else in danger. Get the passengers to the front cars, you'll still mask the emotions and kill the turrets... we just can't come with you. If we cut the back cars with us and the Relic on them, we can deal with the Grimm. You just make sure the rest of the train makes it safely to Argus."

Upon hearing this, Jaune finished up healing Dudley's arm, walked over to Ruby with a conflicted expression, and said, "Only if you'll promise you'll meet us there." Ruby smiled and said, "Promise." With that, Team JNPR began evacuating all of the passengers to the front half of the train. As they did, I turned to Ruby one more time and said, "I'm going with them. This train is already damaged enough from the Grimm, not to mention that fireball. So I'm sure that my engineering skills will be enough to keep this train moving safely to Argus." Ruby nodded and said, "I understand." I smiled and said, "Please make sure you all come back safe. You're the love of my life, Ruby. I don't want to lose you." Ruby smiled as she gave me a hug and said, "We will. Trust me. I love you." We shared a quick kiss and I said, "I love you too, Ruby." We pulled out of the hug and I said, "Okay. See you guys in Argus."

Then I went to help Team JNPR with evacuating the rest of the passengers. Once Nora got Ruby's message, she gave the okay to Jaune and Ren. The two boys combined their Semblances, with Jaune enhancing Ren's Aura to the point where the entire front half of the train was grayed out by Ren's Semblance. I rushed to the train's automated engine and saw that its Autopilot CPU was damaged by the fireball. I took a deep breath and grabbed the manual controls as I said, "Well, here goes nothing." I then switched the train in manual control mode and used my engineering skills to guide me as I took control of the train.

Time Skip
(Brought to you by Chibi Ace running from Chibi Ruby after eating one of her cookies)

Eventually, we arrived in Argus and got off the train. I stopped a station associate and let him know about the train's condition. He thanked me and went to get a technician to repair it.

As we left the station and walked through the streets of Argus, I spoke up and said, "So now what?" Jaune replied and said, "We wait until we can contact them again, then we'll know that they've made it. Until then, I think I know of a place that we can stay. I just hope she's home." I raised an eyebrow and looked at Ren and Nora, both of which just shrugged their shoulders, as they were just as clueless and confused as me. The three of us followed Jaune as he led us onto a trolley. The trolley took us down a couple of different streets, making the occasional stop to let people on and off. After a few stops, Jaune got off the trolley and we followed him until he stopped in front of a house. It was a three-story Greco-Roman style house that was slightly wider than the other buildings that I had seen in Argus. It had creme-colored molding and pillars with brown wood trimmed-windows that featured yellow-orange curtains and metallic Atlas shutters. On the outside, I noticed a flower bed containing a mixture of blue roses, orange pansies, and orange primroses. Turning to Ren and Nora, I said, "Do either of you two have any ideas as to whose house this even is?" They shook their heads and the three of us turned to Jaune, who replied and said, "I do." Then he walked up the front steps to the door. He raised his hand up, took a deep breath, and then knocked on the door. Then he took a couple steps back.

After a moment, the door opened and a young woman with wavy, dirty blond hair and blue eyes came into view. She was wearing an orange top with a beige vest, light brown trousers with orange stitches on each side, and dark brown boots. In addition, she had her wedding ring on her left hand and a bootlace necklace around her neck. In right her arm, she was holding an infant with short black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a white and blue long-sleeved shirt with denim overalls and white socks. The woman looked at us, having not noticed Jaune, and said, "Can I help you?" Jaune spoke up and said, "Hey, Saph." The woman turned to Jaune and said, "Jaune! It's so good to see you!" Jaune smiled nervously and said, "Saph, these are my friends. The one in green is Lie Ren, the orange haired one is Nora Valkyrie, and the blue-haired one is Ace Dodger. Guys, this is Saphron Cotta-Arc, my older sister." Ren, Nora, and I looked at each other, then back at Jaune, and said in unison, "Older sister?!"

He chuckled nervously and said, "Yeah." Saphron spoke up and said, "How about you all come inside?" We nodded and followed her inside the house. We went into the living room and the others sat on the couches in the room, while I just stayed standing as I looked around the room. As I looked around, I heard Saphron ask, "So Jaune, what brings you and your friends here?" Jaune sighed as I spoke up and said, "We're trying to get to Atlas to see General Ironwood." Jaune nodded and said, "We were separated from the other half of our group on the train ride here. I was wondering if we could stay here until the others get here? I mean as long as it's okay with you and Terra." She smiled and said, "Of course, you can stay here! I'm more than sure that Terra wouldn't mind. Especially since you're my baby brother." I chuckled lightly as Jaune said, "Thanks, Saph." The two of them shared a brief hug and Saphron said, "I was just about to make dinner, you guys hungry?" We all nodded and I said, "Absolutely. Mind if I help?" Saphron smiled and said, "Not at all."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I want to thank JosePadilla008 for helping me come up with the idea for the separation part of this chapter.
Master out.