Vol. 1 Ch. 3 Teams

Ace's POV

We were in the auditorium to listen as Professor Ozpin announced the new teams. He continued, "Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL (Cardinal), led by... Cardin Winchester!" The audience gave one more wave of ovation, while the four students walked up to the stage to take their places in front of the headmaster as their faces filled the screen. Then Ozpin said, "Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR (Juniper)." Amid the clapping, Nora laughed and gave Ren a hug. Then Ozpin added, "Led by... Jaune Arc!" Jaune looked confused and said, "Huh? L-Led by...?" Ozpin looked at Jaune and said, "Congratulations, young man." A grinning Pyrrha offered a friendly shoulder bump to Jaune, but her "fine leader" was knocked over and fell onto his butt in front of the laughing audience.

Ozpin continued and said, "Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY (Ruby). Led by... Ruby Rose!" Weiss looked to her right surprised, where Ruby was obviously in shock as Yang went over to hug her leader and said, "I'm so proud of you!" Then Ozpin said, "And finally: Ace Dodger. Mason Melone. Bella Melone. Ray Stone. The four of you retrieved the white bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team AMBR (Amber). Led by... Ace Dodger!" I stood there shocked for a second and thought to myself, I'm the leader? I never thought I'd be a leader of my own team. I smirked and Ray smiled at me. Then Ozpin said, amid the last round of cheers, "It looks like things are shaping up to be an... interesting year."

After we were all dismissed, my team and I left the auditorium and headed to our new dorm. We went in and chose our beds. Mason picked the one in the corner, Bella chose the one next to her brother, Ray picked the one next to that, which left me with the bed in other corner. None of us were fully tired yet, so I said, "How about we tell each other a bit about ourselves and what our Semblances are? If we all knew each other's Semblances, we'd be able to better coordinate ourselves in a fight." They all nodded and Ray went first as he said, "Something about me is that I've always been fascinated with the Supernatural, and I'm somewhat skilled with engineering. Coincidentally, my Semblance allows me to become almost completely invisible. My movement become more floaty and lighter, I make less noise, and can pass through physical objects, like a ghost. I call it Ghost Phase."

Mason went next and said, "I'm decently skilled with my revolvers, Bandit and Ranger, and I'm well trained in hand-to-hand combat. I'm also very experienced in lassoing skills and techniques, which goes hand-in-hand with my Semblance. I call it Aura Lasso, and as the name suggests, I can use my Aura to form a physical lasso that can be used just like a normal lasso." Mason's sister, Bella, went after him and said, "I'm very flexible and acrobatic. My Semblance allows me to gain strength from external sources of positive emotions around me. I call it Determination." It was now my turn, so I took a breath of air and said, "I'm also very skilled with my guns, Blitz and Equinox, and I'm pretty skilled with engineering and robotics. My Semblance allows me to use my Aura to stop time around me for up to 1 minute before my Aura level starts to drop. If I'm touching anyone else, I'm able to stop time around them as well, but it'll use more of my Aura. If my Aura is too low, I tend to lose consciousness when time resumes. I call it Time Warp."

They all nodded and Bella spoke up and said, "Ace, if you don't mind me asking, why do you only have a glove on your left hand?" I tensed up slightly as Ray gave me a knowing look, and I said, "It's personal. I'll tell you guys when I'm ready." They nodded in understanding and Mason said, "That's fine. We understand." I smiled and said, "Thanks, now we should probably get some sleep. Our first class is tomorrow morning at 9." My teammates nodded and Bella went into the bathroom to change, while the rest of us changed into our sleepwear. After we all had changed, we laid in our beds and went to sleep.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.