Vol. 2 Ch. 17 The Dance Part 1

Ace's POV

I was in my dorm getting ready with Ray, Mason, and the guys from Team JNPR, while the girls were getting ready in Team RWBY's dorm. I was wearing my suit that I had gotten tailored at the Kingsmen Tailor Shop. It was a navy blue suit jacket with a black trim along the collar. It also had a matching pair of navy blue suit pants and a black bowtie as well. Instead of my combat boots, I was wearing a pair of black dress shoes. I used a bit of hair gel to slick my hair back. I decided to keep on my glove for obvious reasons. I straightened my bowtie as Ray finished tying his normal tie. I chuckled and said, "Not gonna lie, Ray. You look like you're going to a court hearing." He chuckled and replied, "You're not wrong. I guess I do look like that. Besides, what would the hearing be for? Finding some kind of pink slime or something?"

All of us laughed and Mason said, "I don't know about that. But honestly, you look good. My sister is lucky to have someone like you in her life." Ray smiled and said, "Thanks, Mason." I nodded and said, "So, Mason, did you get around to asking you-know-who?" He shook his head and said, "No, and Jaune knows about how I feel about Weiss." Jaune nodded and said, "Yeah. Besides, I had started thinking about asking Pyrrha instead. But it's a bit late for that." I smirked and said, "Well, it's about time you noticed her." Jaune raised an eyebrow and said, "What do you mean?" I rolled my eyes and Ray said, "Dude, Pyrrha has a crush on you. You were the only person who hadn't noticed it." Jaune looked away and said, "Oh. I had no clue." My Scroll went off and I saw a message from Yang.

I let out a breath as I put my Scroll back in my pocket and said, "With that aside, the girls are already heading to the ballroom

I let out a breath as I put my Scroll back in my pocket and said, "With that aside, the girls are already heading to the ballroom. Yang said they'd meet us there. Except for Ruby. Apparently, she still in her dorm, so I'll have to go get her. You four head on down. Ruby and I will catch up." They all nodded and left for the ballroom. I grabbed the necklace from my house (the same one that had been a gift to my mom from my dad) and placed it in my pocket. After I made sure that I had everything, I left the dorm and headed to Team RWBY's dorm. Once I got there, I knocked on the door and said, "Petals, it's me!" I heard her call back and reply, "The door's open!" I opened the door and closed it behind me. I turned around and my jaw dropped at the sight of Ruby. She was wearing a short, red, sleeveless dress with a thick black sash around the waist and black trim along the bottom. The body of the dress was split vertically to the sash and laced with black lacing. The top of the dress was a transparent mesh with an opaque collar and hem, as well as opaque lines connecting the collar to her shoulders. She was absolutely beautiful in her dress. She looked at me and said, "What? Why are you staring at me like that?" I looked at her in awe and said, "You look absolutely stunning in that dress." She blushed and said, "Thank you. You look quite handsome in that suit. You cleaned up quite nicely." I smirked and said, "Thanks, Rubes. Oh, by the way, I got something for you." She looked at me confused and said, "What is it?" I pulled out the necklace and said, "This necklace was my mother's. It was a gift to her from my father. I don't think she'd mind me giving it to you." Ruby put her hands over her mouth and said, "It's beautiful, Ace." I smiled and said, "Just like you. Want me to help put it on you?" She nodded as I reached around her neck and clicked it on. But before I could move my arms back, Ruby hugged me around the waist and said, "Hey, Ace. After our missions tomorrow, would you like to come meet my dad?" I smiled and said, "Sure. I mean, it couldn't hurt to meet him." Ruby nodded and said, "I'm sure he'll like you."

I kissed her head and said, "Hopefully. But for now, how about we head to the dance?" Ruby sighed as she let go of me and answered, "I guess." I looked at her confused and said, "What's wrong?" She looked away from me and said, "I'm not much of a fancy pantsy... dancey girl." I frowned and said, "What do you mean?" Ruby sat on Weiss' bed and replied, "I don't really know how to dance." I smiled and said, "That's okay. I can teach you." She looked at me and said, "Really? You'd do that for me?" I smirked and said, "Of course. Besides what kind of a boyfriend would I be if I didn't get to have at least one damce with you?" Ruby smiled as she hugged me and said, "Thanks, Ace. You're the best." I kissed her head and replied, "I know I am. Now let's get to the dance." As we headed towards the ballroom, I then realized that she was also wearing high heels. She was struggling with them too. But each time she was about to fall, I caught her before she hit the ground. I chuckled and said, "You can hold onto my arm for balance if you want." Ruby immediately grabbed my arm and we both continued walking to the ballroom.

Along the way, I had to stop and catch Ruby several times from falling over since she didn't have the proper balance to walk in high heels. We finally managed to reach the ballroom and I opened the door for Ruby. Yang saw the both of us and squealed with excitement as she said, "Oh, you two look so cute together!" Ruby blushed as I said, "Thanks Yang." Ruby almost fell again, but managed to catch herself this time, as she said, "Ugh, can we have a serious talk about how Weiss fights in these?!?!" She struggled to get to Yang, but managed on her just fine as I said, "You wouldn't believe how many times I had to catch her." Yang giggled at Ruby's struggling attempts of standing up and said, "Come on Ruby, they're not that bad, once you get used to them." Ruby rolled her eyes and replied, "Yeah, whatever." I grabbed her hand and said, "Well, come on, Rosebud. Let's go dance a couple of songs, so you can get used to your heels." I dragged her onto the dance floor, Ruby still hesitating about the whole idea as she said, "No wait.....I'm not ready.... I don't know how to dance either." I looked into her silver eyes and said, "That's okay, just follow my lead. We'll be doing a slow waltz just like everyone else."

I grabbed her right hand with my left and held her waist with the other. Then I said, "Alright, now put your left hand on my shoulder." Ruby placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "Okay." I smiled and said, "Now we just slowly step from side to side. Remember, just follow my lead and go slow." We both side step and danced in perfect sync with each other. We managed to keep it that way for several minutes. Then I said, "See, you got this, Ruby." She smiled and said, "Yeah.... I guess I do." As we were dancing so perfectly together, Ruby and I started to slowly lean in closer to each other. Eventually, our lips made contact and we both shared a passionate kiss together. When we pulled away, I smiled as I looked into Ruby's mesmerizing silver eyes and said, "Ruby, can I be honest about something with you?" She nodded and I said, "I love you, Ruby." She looked at me shocked for a moment, before she replied and said, "I love you too, Ace." Then we both shared a wonderful and passionate kiss that was full of absolute love and bliss.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.