Vol. 1 Ch. 4 First Day Of Class

Ace's POV

The Next Morning

I yawned as I woke up and opened my eyes. I saw that I was the first of my teammates to wake up. So I went to the bathroom and grabbed my new Beacon uniform and a small toolkit out of my jacket. After I closed and locked the door, I took my glove off and did my usual morning test of moving all of my fingers, one at a time, to make sure my hand was still functioning properly. I noticed that my index finger was acting up a bit and I reached over to my toolkit to grab a small screwdriver to recalibrate it properly. As I grabbed the screwdriver, I heard a knock on the door, which was followed by Bella's voice and she said, "Ace, you in there?" I accidentally knocked my toolkit off the counter and replied, "Yeah!" She answered and said, "Everything alright in there?" I frantically picked up my toolkit and said, "Yeah, just give me a couple minutes!" I sighed as I went back to fixing the index finger on my left hand. Once I got it recalibrated and functioning properly again, I put the screwdriver back in the toolkit, then I put on my uniform and put my glove back on my hand. I sighed and put my toolkit under the sink. I unlocked the bathroom door and saw the rest of my teammates looking at me. I looked at them and said, "What?"

Bella rolled her eyes and said, "What the hell were you even doing in there? What took so long?" I briefly glanced at Ray, and he said, "Ace, just tell them. It'll make things easier for all of us." I looked at him and nodded as I said, "Yeah, you probably right." Bella and Mason looked at me confused and Bella said, "What is he talking about, Ace?" I sighed and said, "Promise you guys won't judge me or anything?" They both nodded hesitantly and I said, "This is what Ray is talking about." I then took off my glove, showing them my robotic hand. I looked down and braced for judgment. After a second, I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Bella looking at me. She smiled warmly at me and said, "Why were you so scared to show us this?" I sighed and said, "I've always been somewhat self-conscious about my hand. That's why I wear the glove. So can we please keep this between us?" Bella and Mason both nodded and Mason said, "Of course." I smiled as the rest of my team came in for a group hug and I said, "Thanks, guys." We pulled out of the hug and I said, "Now that we've got through that, let's get ready and get to class! Come on, guys!"

Once we were all ready, we headed to our first class, which was with Professor Port. When we got to the classroom, we took a seat and waited for class to start. As it was getting closer for class to start, I noticed that neither Team RWBY nor Team JNPR were here yet. Then at the last second, both teams managed to make it to class on time just as Professor Port was about to begin his lesson. Port said, "Ahh, yes. Team RWBY and Team JNPR, so glad you could join us in time." Some of the students start to snicker while the two teams just shyly looked away embarrassed. Port said, "Well, go up and take your seats." They came up and found some open seats in the row in front of my team, which was close to the front of the class. Blake ended up sitting in front of Bella, with Yang next to her, with Weiss and Ruby at the end, putting the young 15-year-old girl right in front of me. Port then began class and said, "Monsters, demons, prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey, HAHA!"

I simply shook my head at Professor Port's bad attempt at a joke, I looked over a see that Ruby fell asleep in class. I crumpled a piece of paper into a ball and threw it at Ruby's head, causing her to wake up. Then I whispered to her, "Come on his class isn't that boring. You can do this, trust me." Ruby nodded and said, "Mhhh....okay." Port continued and said, "Uhhhh... and you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsman and Huntresses." He paused and winked at Yang, causing her to awkwardly groan. Then Port continued as he said, "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what you ask? Why, the very world! That is what you are training to become, but first a story, a tale of a young handsome man, ME! When I was a boy..." I started to zone out because all he started to do now was talk about himself. I sighed as I looked around bored, until my eyes ended up looking at the girl in front of me. I began to stare off into space as I thought about how cute and adorable she was, despite her being two years younger than me.

I was brought back to reality when I heard Weiss yell, "I do sir!" Port nodded and said, "Well then, let's find out. Step forward and face your opponent." He gestured his hand to a cage that was shaking from the Grimm trapped inside as it's red eyes glared at the Professor in rage. Once Weiss came back from changing, the rest of her team decided to cheer her on in hopes of motivating her. Yang said, "Go Weiss!" Blake waved a small flag of RWBY and said, "Fight well." Ruby joined in and said, "Yeah, represent Team RWBY!" Weiss groaned in frustration and said, "Ruby! I'm trying to focus!" Ruby looked sheepish and said, "Oh, um... Sorry..." Professor Port started talking again and said, "Alright, let the match begin!" Port swung his axe downwards, which caused the cage to open and the Grimm to come out into the light of the class. Everyone stared at the Boarbatusk as it charged straight at Weiss, she dodged it gracefully and struck the Grimm's right side as she waited patiently for its next move. Then Port commented, "Haha! wasn't expecting that were you?" Ruby cheered and said, "Hang in there, Weiss!"

Weiss decided to charge at the Boarbatusk, hoping to land at fatal strike, but the Grimm turned its head and blocked her attack, causing Myrtenaster to get stuck between its tusks. Weiss tried to pull away, but the Boarbatusk refused to give in. Port then said, "Bold, new approach, I like!" Ruby grinned with excitement and said, "Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!" I leaned forward and said to Ruby, "Ruby, I think it'd be best if you leave her alone right now." She just looked back at me confused, but quickly refocused on the fight. Weiss turned her head at Ruby and gave her a dirty look. With Weiss being distracted, the Boarbatusk turned its head and yanked Myrtenaster out of her hands and across the room. It then knocked Weiss away with its tusks and Port said, "Oh no, now what will you do without your weapon?!?" Weiss looked up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charged again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and make it crash into a desk. Weiss rushed at her sword and slid to get it back in her hand as Ruby said, "Weiss, go for it's belly, there's no armor underneath!" Weiss replied, "Stop telling me what to do!"

Ruby became slightly sad at Weiss' comment and stopped talking. The Boarbatusk now jumped into the air and rolled quickly into a ball. When it landed, it started rapidly spinning, maintaining its circular shape as it charged at Weiss once again. Once it got close enough, Weiss activated her signature glyph to stop its advance, causing the Grimm to land on its back. She jumped backwards and landed on another glyph, which changed to black and quickly to blue, before it launched her towards the Grimm and she pierced its stomach with her rapier. Weiss was left panting on the floor, trying to recover from the fight as Port said, "Bravo! Bravo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings and stay vigilant! Class dismissed!" Weiss glared at Ruby one last time before she walked away out of the classroom. Jaune said, "Sheesh, whats with her?" Ruby then said, "Um....I'll be back you guys I need to go talk to her." She stood up quickly, but I grabbed her arm and said, "Ruby, I don't think that's such a good idea, you should probably give your teammate some time to cool off." She looked at me and said, "I don't know, Ace. She might be like this all night, or even all year, if I don't do something." I sighed as I let her go and she ran off. Yang looked at me and said, "Thanks for at least trying, Ace." I smirked and said, "Don't mention it." Yang smiled and we both went our own way for the rest of the day.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.