Vol. 2 Ch. 16 The Day Before The Dance

Ace's POV

I woke up with something in my arms. I opened my eyes and saw Ruby fast asleep in my arms. My eyes widened and I blushed darkly as I realized that she was only wearing one of my old t-shirts and her panties. Then I saw that we were in the master bedroom of my parents' old house in Patch, and I remembered last night. I let out I sigh and smiled as I looked at my still sleeping girlfriend. She looks so cute and adorable when she's asleep, I thought to myself. There's no doubt in my mind about it. I love this girl with all my heart. I gave her a kiss on the head and carefully got up without waking her. I put on my jeans and went downstairs. I began to grab things to make breakfast for Ruby and I. After about a minute, I heard someone come down the steps and it was followed by a pair of arms wrapping themselves around my torso. I smirked as I set down the pan on the stove and said, "Good morning, Rubes. Did I wake you?" She nuzzled her head into my back and said tiredly, "Yeah, I woke up because you left the bed. I liked the warmth of your arms around me." I smiled and said, "I'm sorry, Rose Petal. But did you sleep okay?" She nodded her head against my back and said, "Yeah, but can we go back to sleep?" I sighed as I turned the stove back off and put the eggs and other things back in the fridge. Then I said, "Yes, Rosebud, we can sleep and cuddle some more if you want." I picked her up bridal style and carried her back upstairs to the bed. She smiled sleepily and said, "Good, because I want to sleep some more before the kids are up." I blushed slightly at the thought of Ruby and I having kids together. I set her on the bed and laid down next to her.

After a while, she woke up and looked at me. I smiled and said, "Good Morning, Petals." She smiled and said, "Morning, Ace." I kissed her forehead and said, "How'd you sleep?" She blushed slightly and said, "Honestly, better than I ever have before. Something about sleeping with you, it made me feel safe and at ease. What about you? How'd you sleep?" I smirked and said, "The same as you. I felt like everything was perfect. So how about I go make us some breakfast while you change back into your usual outfit?" Ruby nodded and said, "Sounds good." I smiled and said, "Okay, do you want an omelet or some waffles for breakfast?" Ruby replied and said, "Omelet, please." I kissed her on the head and said, "One omelet coming right up." She blushed slightly as I went back downstairs and began working on breakfast once again. After a few minutes, Ruby came downstairs and said, "Hey, Ace. Can I keep the shirt you let me borrow last night?" I smiled and said, "Of course. I don't mind." She nodded and said, "Thank you!" After we had both eaten, I went upstairs and grabbed my Scroll and my jacket. Ruby and I then left the house, locking the front door behind us. We got on an Airship heading to Vale, then took another one to Beacon.

Once we got to her dorm, I stopped and she said, "Ace, I had a great time last night. Thank you." I smiled and said, "Don't mention it, Petals. I enjoyed it quite a bit myself. I've got something that I need to go over with my team, so I'll see you later?" She nodded and said, "Okay." I leaned down and we shared a quick but passionate kiss. Then she entered her dorm and I headed to mine. I opened the door and saw Ray and Bella still asleep in his bed, thankfully clothed, and Mason on his Scroll in his bed. I closed the door behind me and Mason said, "There you are, Ace. Where were ya last night?" I smiled and said, "I took Ruby on a date." Mason nodded and said, "Oh, that's nice. Where'd ya take her?" I smirked and said, "To my parents' house in Patch, then I cooked her a homemade meal and we watched a movie together. By the time the movie was over, it was pretty late and we weren't going to be able to make it back to Beacon before the Airships stopped running for the night. So we just spent the night in the house." Mason nodded and said, "That's sounds wonderful. I'm glad you two had a great time." I nodded and said, "Thanks, Mason. So you got a date for the dance tomorrow night?" He shrugged and said, "I have someone in mind, but I'm not sure how to approach them and ask them." I nodded and said, "Just be yourself, besides I'm sure Weiss would like going to the dance with you."

Mason looked at me surprised and said, "How'd you know that I wanted to ask her?" I smirked and said, "Well, I've noticed how you've looked at her and you always seem happier whenever you're near her. So just ask her. The worst thing is that she says no. But you won't know unless you ask her." He nodded and said, "You're right. Thanks Ace." I smiled and said, "Don't mention it. Besides you can still go to the dance and have fun even if she doesn't say yes." He nodded again and said, "That's true. By the way, do you have a suit for tomorrow night?" I shook my head and said, "No, I planned on getting one later today. How about you?" He nodded and said, "Yeah, I do. But Bella needs a dress, and I think Ray needs a suit." I nodded and said, "Well, I heard of a new tailor in Vale that's gotten a lot of positive reviews. The name of it is the Kingsmen Tailor Shop. I'll take Ray there with me later." Mason nodded and said, "Sounds good. But it wouldn't hurt to get to the tailor shop early. Who knows if they'll be crowded or not, let alone how long it will take for them to do the measurements and stuff." I nodded and said, "That's true. Perhaps we should wake up the sleeping lovebirds?" Mason nodded and we both woke up our teammates.

After Ray and Bella both got dressed for the day, Ray and I both headed to the landing docks and rode an Airship down to Vale. We walked around for a few minutes until we finally found the tailor shop. We went inside and were greeted by two men at the counter. One of them told us how much it would cost to get our measurements and make suits for us. We both paid them and we were both taken into separate rooms for our measurements. Once my measurements had been taken and I had told them what kind of a suit I wanted, the man said, "Sure thing, Mr. Dodger. I'll get working on it right away. It should be ready by the end of the day, along with your friends." I nodded and thanked him. Once Ray was ready, we both left and headed back to Beacon.

Bella's POV

Later That Afternoon

I was with my team in the dorm as the three of them were playing some video games, when I heard a knock on the door. Since I wasn't actually playing, I stood up and said, "I'll get the door." I walked over and answered the door to see Yang standing there. I smiled and said, "Hey, Yang. What's up?" She smiled and said, "Hi, Bella. I was wondering if you wanted to come with Ruby and I and get dresses for the dance tomorrow?" I nodded and said, "Sure. Sounds like fun." Yang nodded and replied, "Great! But before we go, I need to speak with Ace about something in private." I nodded and said to the guys, "Ace! Yang needs to talk to you about something." He replied and said, "Okay, give me a sec." The guys paused their game and Ace walked over and said, "Hey, Yang. What's up?" She smiled and said, "I need to talk to you about something in private real quick." He nodded and followed Yang to the hallway. After about 2 minutes, they came back and Ace was blushing quite a bit. I looked at Yang confused and she said, "Don't worry about it. He'll be fine. Now let's go!" I shrugged it off and followed Yang as we stopped by her dorm and she dragged Ruby with us.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.