Vol. 3 Ch. 21 Meeting Her Mom

Ace's POV

I yawned as I woke up and smiled at the sight of Ruby still fast asleep on my bare chest. I felt her nuzzle her face into my chest and I smiled. I wrapped my arms around her and heard her say in her sleep, "I'm so glad that we got married, Ace. I love you." I smiled at the thought of us having a future like that together. I kissed her on the head and said, "I love you too, Rubes." I sighed happily and closed my eyes as I continued to stay there snuggling with my girlfriend. After a while, I felt some movement and opened my eyes again. I saw Ruby yawn and look up at me. I looked into her mesmerizing silver eyes and said, "Good morning, Petals. How'd you sleep?" She smiled and said, "Absolutely wonderful." I smirked and said, "Glad to hear that. So we're heading back to Beacon today, remember?" She nodded and said, "Yeah. But can I ask you something?" I smiled and said, "Anything you want." She took a deep breath and said, "Would you like to come with me when I talk to my mom?" I smiled warmly at her and replied, "I'd be happy to." She smiled and said, "Thanks, Ace!" After we hot dressed and ate breakfast, I followed Ruby, who had her hood up, down a path near her house until we arrived at an edge of a cliff near a forest. On the edge of the cliff, there was a gravestone that was engraved with an emblem similar to Ruby's, along with some words that I couldn't quite make out yet because of how far away I was. I stopped a few feet away and let Ruby have some privacy.

Ruby's POV

I lowered my hood, smiling sadly downwards as I spoke and said, "Hey, mom. Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too. Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: 'like mother, like daughter'! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow. Oh, I also got a boyfriend, who I love more than anything! He's here with me."

I turned to Ace and gestured him over. He walked over to me and I said, "Mom, this is my boyfriend, Ace Dodger. Ace, this is my mom." He smiled and said, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Rose. Your daughter has told me so much about you. I hope you know that Ruby and I love each other with all of our hearts." I smiled as Ace placed a hand on my shoulder and we both heard Zwei bark, alerting us to my dad's presence. I looked back at my mom's gravestone and said, "Oh! Looks like Dad's back! We gotta go! He's dropping Ace and I off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish us luck!" I put my hood back on and started to walk away, but turned and delivered one final message to my mom as I said, "It was good to talk." Then Ace and I went back over to my dad and headed back to Beacon.

After my dad dropped us off at Beacon, Ace turned to me and said, "Thanks for inviting me to join you during break. At first, I was kinda worried about how your dad would feel about us dating. But I'm glad he was happy for us. He must've been a great dad to raise someone like you." I smiled and hugged him as I said, "Thanks, Ace." He kissed my head and said, "No problem. But now, I think we should probably head to our teams and get ready for the Vytal Tournament." I nodded as we pulled out of the hug and I said, "Yeah, you're right. See you later, Ace." He gave me a kiss on the lips and said, "I love you, Rosebud. See you later." I blushed slightly and said, "I love you too, Ace." Then we both went our separate ways.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.