23: Sam

"No, you have to tie it to the chair. If you just set a weight on it, it's going to collapse again," I groan, sitting up to fix our fort.

It was going perfectly until Max sat his fat ass on the sheet and everything fell on us.

Honestly, the side I set up is almost fully in tack, and he claimed to be an expert.

Max smacks my hands out of the way and starts fixing our fort. "Well, if you hadn't been rushing me so much, I would have done a better job."

"You're just saying that because you don't want to admit that I'm the better fort builder. It's best to just accept your defeat Maxxy," I say smugly.

As he gets everything back in order, I snuggle back into the hundreds of pillows we shoved in here.

Seriously, I think every pillow, blanket, and stuffed animal in this apartment is surrounding us. Comfiest feeling ever.

Max successfully fixes the sheets and comes to snuggle next to me, getting under the blanket I'm using and shoving a slice of pizza in his face.

I hit resume on the laptop that we set up to play Tangled. Which, in my opinion, is the best Disney movie.

I mean, who can resist some Flynn Rider? Certainly not me.

"You know this is the first time I've ever watched this movie," Max says suddenly.

I turn my head and gap at him, "You uncultured swine. This is Disney's best princess movie."

"Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen any Disney princess movie," he looks at me.

"You're joking right?"

"No. My brother and I thought it was too girly growing up," he admits.

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Disney princess movies are for everyone. No matter what your gender is."

"I guess you're going to have to help educate me then," he claims as he finishes his pizza and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

This might me the most comfortable I've ever been in my whole life. Max is warm and surprisingly soft. And he smells good. I don't know what cologne he uses, but it does it for me.

"Let me guess, your favorite Disney movie is The Lion King?" I pick the most basic one I can think of.

"Wrong. It's actually The Lion King 2." He smiles down at me.

Laughing, I pinch his side, "Same thing. I'm surprised none of your ex's made you watch princess movies."

"Yeah, well I've come to find that my ex-girlfriends didn't give a single fuck about me. If I think about it, the only time I hung out with them was only when other people were around. That or when we were fucking." He sounds sad saying it.

"Yeah, well your last girlfriends were cheating assholes. No need to worry." I grab his hand that's dangling from my shoulder, interlocking it with mine. "I can fix that."

"But you're not my girlfriend." Ok ouch. I release my hand. "Wait that came out wrong."

"I didn't mean as your girlfriend," I say. "I just meant that as your friend, I can open your eyes to the fascination of Disney princesses."

I do a good job of playing it off as nothing.

"I'd like that. Now be quiet, I'm trying to watch the movie." He pulls me so close that I'm practically sitting on his lap and he trials his fingertips up and down my bicep.