2: Sam

I turn and make my way to where everyone is dancing, hoping to find one of the 106ers on my way there.

Almost to my destination, a hand grabs my arm and turns me around, "Ok, let's dance," Max says.

As soon as the blonde walked into the kitchen, I assumed she was his ex by the way his face paled. I heard all about her. Not because I'm obsessed with hockey drama but because she cheated on him with Lily's ex.

Not even two days into the breakup and the asshole was screwing another girl. Which I guess isn't surprising considering that their relationship ended because he cheated on her.

"Thought you didn't want my pity," I'm not making it easy for him.

"Guess I changed my mind," he grabs my waist and backs me into the middle of the crowd.

I look towards the door only to see a familiar looking brunette practically running out of the house. There's no way that was Del though, she's at her study sesh.

And just when I'm about to wrap my arms around his neck, I spot out Prescott mother fucking Bridges. As in the Prescott Bridges that is meant to be working on a Spanish project with Rydell.

I see him check his phone and shoot up from the couch towards the front door. "Give me a second," I tell Max as I follow him.

Just as he's about to exit the door, I block his path.

I'm significantly shorter than him, so I look up with as much intimidation as I can muster to make myself seem bigger.

"You were supposed to meet Del 10 minutes ago, and you're at a party drinking a beer and looking for a girl to take to bed. What the fuck is your problem?" I'm going to kick him in the balls.

"I'm only 10 minutes late, I'm actually going to meet her right now. She texted me like 5 minutes ago saying that she'd leave if I was 15 minutes late. I've got 5 minutes," he recites some stupid excuse.

I laugh shortly, "Ya good luck with that, I just saw her speed walk out of here. And it's her, I want to throw myself in my bed, cocoon in my blankets, and read until I forget type speed walk."

A look of guilt floods his face. As he jogs out the front door, shouldering past me, I add, "You better fix this, Del is probably going to tell you that she'll do the project by herself but keep your name on it. I heard about your little proposition. She'd do anything for those girls. You make her do all the work, and I'll cut your balls off and shove them down your throat", I walk back into the house and pull out my phone to dial Rydell's number.

She doesn't pick up and I assume it's because she's had a confrontation with Scott. Once she calls, I'll go make sure she's ok. For now, I text her telling her that she better not let Scott walk all over her and to call me when she can.

"Everything alright?" Max comes up to me with confusion lacing his face.

"Your asshole teammate was supposed to be studying with my friend. Instead, he was out partying and got caught. Now Rydell is probably freaking out and I should go comfort her. I just need to wait until she calls so that I know she wants me there."

"Well, I'll wait with you until you get the call. Guessing you're not so much in the dancing mood?"

"Sorry," why am I apologizing? "You should find another girl to dance with. Anyone in here wouldn't hesitant to do so, trust me."