19: Sam

Ralph Hinders is on stage singing his heart out to One Direction right now and I'm the reason for it. God, I love the power I hold. He's way off tune and it's boarder line second hand embarrassment, but I can respect his courage to get up on the stage in the first place.

"Del, cut me off with drinks because if Hinders asks me to dance, I'm going to say yes." I briefly look to Rydell.

"Will do." She salutes before going back to her convo with Scott.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Max questions.

"Why wouldn't it be?" I fire back.

"Just because you've had a lot to drink. Might be tempted to do more than a dance. Priorities and all." He looks so serious.

"Just because I accept a dance doesn't mean that I want to fuck him," I respond.

"Fuck who?" I look behind me to see a slightly out of breath Ralph.

"No one," Max says before I can respond. "Okayyyyy. How'd you like my performance, Sammy?"

"Loved the effort, but best to leave the singing to the professionals," I joke.

"Good enough to snag a dance?"

"A dance doesn't sound too bad right now." I grab his hand when he reaches it out towards me and let him pull me to the dance floor. I raise my eyebrows at Max slightly as I stand from my seat to follow him.

When on the dance floor, my hands wrap around his neck while his grab my hips.

Hinders cranes his neck down and puts his mouth next to my ear to say, "If looks could kill, I'd be a very dead man."

I look over my shoulder and sure enough Max is shooting daggers at us. "Don't worry about him. He thinks I've had too much to drink."

"If I'm being completely honest, I have a bet going on with some of the boys."

I give him a confused look, "Do you now. And what might this bet be?"

"We wanted to see how long it would take for him to come over and break up our dance." I stiffen slightly.

"Yeah. And what was your guess then?"

"One dance." He looks down at me. "He claims he isn't into you, but it's really obvious that he is."

"Is that the only reason you asked me to dance then?"

I'm not upset about it because I wouldn't have done anything with him anyways, but I want to clear it up.

"Well yeah. But, you're a good dancer so it's not like I'm not getting anything out of it."

"At least you're honest," I claim.

"Look Sam, you're hot. But, like I said, Max is into you, and I think you'd be good for him, so I'm not going to get in the way of that."

"No, he's still in love with his ex. Plus, I'm not in a position to be dating right now, so it wouldn't matter."

"And why's that?" He questions.

"I have priorities, and dating isn't one of them at the moment."

Ralph looks over my shoulder, "Looks like Jacobs was right, he couldn't even make it through one song."

Sure enough Max is walking towards us, with his hands in his pockets like he's trying to be causal.