20: Max

As soon as I walked into the house, there was a party in full swing. Which is very weird because I don't remember discussing this with any of my roommates.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask Asher when I see him.

"Apparently, it's Scott's birthday. Some of the sorority girls asked if they could throw a party and who am I to so no?"

"Something tells me that this is the complete opposite of what Scott wants for his birthday." I shake my head taking in the complete mess that the house already it.

Asher shrugs, "Probably but they kind of just came in. And they had free alcohol so I figured if anything we could get a little wasted."

This is a recipe for a disaster. I look towards the kitchen when I hear the angry voice of Scott yelling at Lindsay.

"I was hoping you'd be here," Serena's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. Mother fucker. I do not have the mental capacity to deal with this shit.

"Well, I do live here," I say bluntly. "Look, I have a house full of people that probably shouldn't be here right now. By the look on Scott's face, he's going to kick everyone out soon." I try to move past her.

"Maybe I could stick around and we can talk when everyone's gone?"

"No, I really don't feel like doing that. Probably best if you just see yourself out now."

"You don't have to be a dick about it Max." Her face is sporting a frown. For a second I feel bad, but it doesn't last long.

"You're the one who cheated on me Serena. I don't owe you anything," I channel my inner Sam.

"I just want to talk." She follows me when I walk into the kitchen to take a shot before things go to shit.

"Yeah, well now's not the best time." I pour another.

"Maybe we can grab coffee sometime next week then?"

"I'll think about it." All of a sudden the music stops and sure enough Scott is yelling for everyone to get out.

A minute later, he's downstairs with a frantic look on his face, "Have you guys seen my keys anywhere," he asks.

"No, did you check your bag and pockets?" I approach him with a calm demeanor.

"Yes, I fucking looked everywhere. I need them. Now. Like right now." He is losing his damn mind.

"Alright calm down, I'll help you look." I look to the other guys. "Davies and Webbs can get everyone out."

They nod at my silent request and I follow Scott into the kitchen.

He is knocking over cups and making more of a mess as he scrambles to find his keys.

"Dude take a breath. What happened?" I haven't seen him this paranoid since Rydell went home without telling him.

He goes into a tangent about how he didn't want this party and how Rydell showed up. As soon as he said her name, I understood the problem.

Apparently, she thought that he threw a party and didn't invite her. He was rambling so hard; I didn't really catch everything. When he continues blabbing on, I cut him off.

"Ok, ok." I try to reason with him. "Let's check a couple more places for your keys. Your spare isn't in your desk?"

"No. No I was using my spare this morning." Of course he was.