chapter 24.

Jeongguk was surprised to learn that Taehyung had left without him before he even woke up. He expected to wake up with Taehyung snuggled up against him, instead he was met by a pillow pressed against his face and Taehyung nowhere to be seen.

He had hoped to walk to school with the boy where he'd get to the see cliché reactions of students wondering why they were together. Instead, it was just like any other day of walking into school with a cold face and June greeting him.

"Where have you been? You haven't hung out with us weeks," The girl gripped onto her backpack as she walked and looked up at the boy who just shrugged.

"With Taehyung, we need to work on the assignment together," He gave her a simple reply whilst scanning the corridors for the said boy.

June raised a confused eyebrow, "The one from 2 months ago? We've already gotten our grade back from that?" She stared at him stunned.

"What?" Jeongguk pulled his phone out to check the date, and it indeed had been two months. He then opened the classroom app to see that their assignment had been handed in ages ago and even graded at a B. What? How's that possible? He must've done it himself. He rolled his tongue against his cheek annoyed that the only other reason to see Taehyung everyday was gone.

"So you've just been hanging out with the freak?" The girl laughed placing her dainty hand against her mouth.

"Don't call him that," Jeongguk shot her a glare and began to walk faster once he saw two familiar boys, "You and Jinyoung both need to stop picking on him, you don't know what he's got going on in his life, alright?" He muttered before completely ditching the girl.

What? What was that all about? June stood behind watching the boy meet up with his friends. Her head slowly turned to Taehyung who was walking with Hoseok towards his class. What the fuck did he do to Jeongguk?

"What's with that face?" Namjoon spoke whilst leaning against the lockers and chewing on his gum. Jimin who was leaning against him also looked up and snorted at Jeongguk's long face.

"Yeah, you look so ugly making that face," Jimin struck a finger out at Jeongguk who glared at him and grabbed it, "Hey!"

"Nothing happened," Jeongguk mumbled and let go of the boy, "My friend who's not my friend yet ditched me this morning at his own house," he huffed.

"Oh, who? I didn't know you had any friends other than us two," Namjoon pointed at Jimin and him.

Jeongguk pursed his lips together and debated explaining the situation to the boys, but it would take too long and their class would start soon, "I'll explain later,"

"Okay now that you're out the spotlight," Jimin cleared his throat, "My friends Jin, Yoongi, Sara, and Marina returned from their holiday yesterday and we're all drinking at my place. Do you wanna come?"

"Um," Jeongguk thought carefully, "Can I bring my friend who's not my friend yet?"

Jimin blinked slowly, "Yeah sure, Joon's also inviting a few friends too," he shrugged, "Who is this friend? I never thought you'd invite someone-"

"He's never done stuff like that- like you know partying and shit, so I really want him to come for the experience," Jeongguk explained himself and hesitated on saying Taehyung's name. He could feel their suspicious looks that they exchanged to each other.

"Alright, just meet us at mine tonight- straight after school because now its get dark fast and we don't need to wait for night," Jimin was first to start walking when the bell rang with Namjoon and Jeongguk following after.

Taehyung watched the trio walked past his class and a wave of serenity took over knowing that he didn't have to deal with Jeongguk until last period. He was also glad to see Hoseok was finally in school meaning he didn't have to sit alone all day.