chapter 21.

you guys should listen to a cute song for this chap 🤭

Jeongguk didn't sleep the entire night. It was 7 am and he had been mindlessly staring at his phone whilst lost in his though. His thumb must've scrolled past at least a thousand videos on TikTok by now which he hadn't even glanced at once.

His thoughts about Taehyung came to stop when his door suddenly creaked open — at first he expected Taehyung, and then the boys dad coming home from work.

Instead, a tiny Minjoon tip toed in with tired red eyes and eagerly made his way over to the confused Jeongguk. He wasn't upset, he found the sight rather cute and he welcomed the young boy into his arm as if he was his own child.

"What are you doing here? Did you not get any sleep at all?" Jeongguk asked the concerned boy who shook his head and began to snuggle against Jeongguk's side, "Do you want to sleep with me instead?" He sweetly asked the boy who nodded and placed a thin arm around Jeongguk's chest.

Jeongguk let out low chuckle and placed his phone on charge, he pulled the covers over the toddler and brushed away the hair tickling his forehead. It allowed him to get a good look at him, and he couldn't help but notice how Minjoon genuinely looked like a baby version of Taehyung.

They're both like him in some kind of way. Jeongguk was rather amused by that fact. Mina had quite the attitude just as Taehyung had, and Minjoon looked like a younger version of him. It was cute, definitely.

Jeongguk smiled softly at that and closed his eyes deciding that he didn't want to be awake with nothing to do whilst Minjoon was sleeping in arms soundly.

Four hours passed, and Taehyung found himself running around the house for the tenth time whilst Mina sat in the living room with her friends.

How many times have I told this brat to tell me they're coming? Taehyung briefly cleaned around the place until he heard name being called, "Coming!" He yelled from the basement where he had shifted all of Minjoon toys. He covered his mouth as he coughed and made his way upstairs.

"Tae, can you take us to the park please? You don't have to stay with us! Her mums gonna be there," Mina pointed at one of her friends who nodded in agreement and gave pleading eyes.

Taehyung let out a tired sigh, "Alright, I'm gonna go and tell Jeongguk first so that he can look after Minjoon," he made his way upstairs and rubbed his shoulder in pain. At least I don't have to stay with them.

When he reached Jeongguk's room, he definitely wasn't expecting to see Minjoon all cuddled up with Jeongguk. At first he grew angry and jealous that the two were so peaceful in bed while he was suffering downstairs.

But then a smile spread across his face at how cute the sight was. Jeongguk was holding Minjoon protectively and he had never looked so peaceful in his life, the little boy was barely even visible.

"Wake up," Taehyung unfortunately had to destroy the peace and startle the two awake, "I have to take Mina and her friends out today, so you have to babysit Minjoon," he stated and watched Jeongguk shuffle in bed and pull Minjoon closer who climbed on top of him tiredly. He laughed quietly at the sight — he never expected Jeongguk to be the type to be so soft with kids.

"Yeah fine whatever, have fun," He rasped out and didn't bother moving again. Taehyung left straight after, grinning to himself as he walked downstairs, "Just me and you now, what do you want to do?" He slowly sat up and looked down at the tired boy.

Minjoon just stared at him.

"Oh right you can't talk," Jeongguk quickly remembered, "Do you want to go outside?" He asked and received a nod, "Should we go to McDonald's and eat because your brother can't stop us?" He smiled and began to laugh when the boy nodded, "Okay go and brush your teeth," he ruffled the boys hair who quickly got up and ran back to his room.