chapter 28.

Jeongguk stepped out of his bathroom with a spare towel, he had taken a shower before Taehyung who currently sat on his bored dazed. The boy was clearly shaken up, but much better compared to when they were still at his house.

"Here," Jeongguk placed the towel on top of the boys head causing him to wince. He softly laughed and ruffled it to dry the quiet youngers hair.

"I can do it myself," Taehyung placed his hands on top of Jeongguk's and then froze realising what he had done. His cheeks began to burn when Jeongguk pulled away and placed his on top instead. The latter began to gently guided his hands around until his hair was dry enough to sleep with.

"Get some rest, you still have a fever," Jeongguk pulled the towel off and let out a sigh when the bruises was the first thing he saw, "Did he hurt you anywhere else?"

"My stomach, but it's not that bad-" Taehyung let out a gasp when Jeongguk gently pushed him back by his shoulders. His body bounced against the mattress and eyes widened when Jeongguk lifted his top.

"It looks painful, are you sure it doesn't hurt?" Jeongguk wonder as he ran his cold fingers against the purple galaxies spread out on the stomach.

Taehyung shuddered and closed his eyes, his breath was stuck at his throat and only came out when Jeongguk's hands finally left his body, "Can we sleep now?"

"Yeah, sorry," Jeongguk awkwardly stood up and made his way over to the right side of his bed, "Are you sure they don't hurt?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Taehyung shuffled back on the bed and slipped under the covers. The cloud like duvets rested at his stomach and a wave serenity overtook him, for the first time in a while he felt like he could relax. It was nice being out of the house and away from the three.

Jeongguk glanced at the boy who had his eyes already closed. He looked away and decided to go on his phone since he wouldn't be able to sleep with Taehyung on his mind. It was 11:30 pm and he wondered how Mina and Minjoon were doing, but the worry eased a little when he remembered that Taehyung said they wouldn't be hurt with him.

He must feel horrible, he's just trying to stop the drinking but gets hurt. Jeongguk frowned and stared his switched off phone. Guilt began to grow inside of him again when he realised that he was bullying Taehyung during all the abuse, he must've caused so much distress to him.

Whys he not sleeping? Taehyung was tense and he debated opening his eyes to talk to Jeongguk, however he quickly shut them tight when the boy suddenly turned around.

Jeongguk guessed the boy was asleep boy now. He smiled and placed a hand against his cheek to check his temperature, when he realised that it was worsening he quickly got up and walked over to the bathroom.

Why are they all so big? Jeongguk searched for the smallest towel he had and once he found it, he picked up a bowl he usually used to ice his face. He poured in some cold water and made his way back to Taehyung who seemed to be asleep.

What's he doing? Taehyung could hear something being put down and the sound of water. He flinched when a cold towel was pressed against his burning head, his thoughts froze at the sensation and a content sigh left his peachy lips.

Jeongguk smiled when he saw Taehyung visible relax once it was on. He's cute even when sleeping. He caressed the boys warm cheek gently and let out a breath.

"Tae, I'm really sorry for how I was towards you at the start of school, I kept judging you without knowing what was going on with you- and even now I fucked up by not paying attention to you," Jeongguk spoke even though he thought Taehyung wasn't listening to him. He decided to apologise now since the boy wouldn't accept it if he was awake, "It probably looks like I don't care, or I haven't made any progress but I swear that I really am regretting the shit I said to you, and I'll do everything to prove it."

Taehyung clenched his jaw and felt the urge to open his eyes so that he could unleash tears, however he didn't want to make it awkward so he continued to "sleep."

"I know you're never gonna forgive me, but that's fine because you shouldn't. I'll never forgive myself either. I hope I can show you that I really like you, I think more than a friend too," Jeongguk flipped the cloth on his head, "I wont rush anything, I'll take it slow until you tell me you're ready to be friends. I'm sorry for kissing you when we were drunk, I probably made it really awkward.

Oh my God, he likes me? Fuck, I can't open my eyes now to tell him it's fine. It'll make him so embarrassed.

"Everything I said about you was wrong, you're not lazy or failure- fuck I wish I could say this when you're awake but you'd probably lash out at me for apologising," Jeongguk stressfully ran his fingers through his hair, "I get why you do, because your dad apologises and then leaves."

Taehyung felt a hot hot tear stream down the side of his face and he quickly turned away from Jeongguk to cover it up.

"Fuck I hope you didn't think that when I walked out," Jeongguk fiddled with his fingers. Why am I talking to him? He's asleep, he can't hear me. He looked up at the ceiling with sad dull eyes, "I promise I won't do that again. I promise I won't be like him- I'll even quit drinking forever. Yeah, I promise from now on I'll never touch alcohol for you."

Taehyung let out a shaky sigh and sat up. The towel slipped off of his head but that didn't concern him. Without saying anything, he wrapped his arms around Jeongguk and buried his face into the boy's shoulder.

"Y-you're awake?" Jeongguk felt his chest pound and panic to settle inside of him. He had just confessed to Taehyung that he may like him and brought up the boys dad — what if he lashed out at him again?

"I just woke up, my stomach really hurts," Taehyung lied to save Jeongguk the embarrassment, "I'm too scared to sleep,"

"Don't worry, let the fear you have fall away," Jeongguk also held Taehyung tight, "I've got my eye on you, no one will hurt you now,"

Taehyung sadly smiled and chuckled into his shoulder, "Cringe,"

"Shut up," Jeongguk laughed and pulled Taehyung down into the bed with him, "Now get some rest," he covered them up with the duvet and refused to let go of Taehyung.

Taehyung just tiredly hummed and let all the tension leave him.

I love this side of you.

Merry Christmas guys !! Looks like the. Christmas chaps gonna be delayed but oh well 😁

Who even talks to someone they think is asleep bros so dumb in  this fic