chapter 33.

School had started and Jeongguk still wasn't back. It felt like every other day again; waking up miserable to take care of the two kids, spending the entire day stressing about his dad, and fearing his safety at school.

It was only day two of being in school alone, he had Hoseok beside him who as expected only spoke about Jimin. He did comment on Taehyung unusual quietness, but Taehyung just said he was tired.

Jeongguk would text him throughout the day at an unnecessary amount, then if Taehyung replied even ten minutes too late it would lead to FaceTimes until they fell asleep. Taehyung would spend most of his time waiting for a text and complete forgot about his responsibilities the second he got one.

Even now, as he stood with a smile on his face in front of a primary school. Two kids stood in front of him with doe eyes staring up, one being a little more judgmental than the other.

"Internet leech," Mina murmured under her breath, "Tae! Can we go home now? Everyone's gone!" She whined and swayed her body around whilst Taehyung hummed.

What caught the boy's attention was Minjoon sneezing. Taehyung's head shot up like a puppy and he knelt down to check the boy's temperature.

"Fuck sake Min, how many times have I told you to stop taking your earmuffs off?" Taehyung lightly scolded the boy who sniffed. He just sighed and lifted the boy into his arms whilst Mina began to walk home, "I'll give you a warm bath when I get home and then some medicine," Taehyung reassured the boy who just buried his face into Taehyung's neck.

"Does that mean you can't come to the open evening for my new school?" Mina frowned and looked up at Taehyung put on a gently smile.

What fucking open evening and what fucking school? Taehyung just lightly laughed, "Of course I can, he'll be fine. What school was it again? And the time?"

Mina could instantly tell the boy was lying, "At 6, river park all girls,"

"Oh! An all girls school?" Taehyung looked at her surprised.

"Yeah, boys are too distracting," She huffed, "I'm so excited to start next year! I can't believe I'm gonna be 11 too,"

"Neither, you're growing up so fast," Taehyung rubbed soothing circles into Minjoons back as they neared their house. Mina took the keys from his pockets since his hands were full and played around with them.

"How old will I be when you and Jeongguk marry?" Mina asked as she unlocked the door for the shocked and red Taehyung.

"U-uh, I don't know?" Taehyung placed Minjoon on the kitchen counter and began to search for medicine. Mina dumped her bags onto the floor and hopped onto the counter too.

"Are you going to wear a dress? Can I pick it?"

"No I'm not, I'm going to wear a suit and you can pick it," Taehyung poured some medicine into a small spoon and fed it to Minjoon who whined, "Mina, is there no other open day? I don't want to bring him with us in the cold,"

"No! Just leave him here!"

"I'm not leaving him!" Taehyung looked at her in disbelief, "Let him take a nap and then I'll wake him up for your stupid thing,"

"It's actually called an open evening, dumbass," Mina glared at Taehyung who grinned and picked Minjoon up again. She watched the two go upstairs and decided to follow too.

As expected, Taehyung was on his phone straight after, smiling down at the texts popping up on his screen whilst Minjoon curled up under the covers. Mina decided to sit next to Taehyung and read what the boy was saying.

jeongguk
was school ok ?? did u manage to pick them up on time ?

th
everything was fine jeon stop worrying
when are u coming back?

Jeongguk
im omw back rn
do you still want me to stay over at yours?

th
ofc unless u want to go back to ur apartment u can

jeongguk
I will for a bit but I'll come to urs after dw
I'll see u at like 9 ish maybe

th
okay okay I'll see u soon I gtg take care of Minjoon now he's sick
and Mina has this after school thing I have to go to

jeongguk
wait what
Wdym he's sick
Why ??
From what???
And what school thing??? Who's staying with Minjoon??
I'll come faster
How longs the school thing
I'll take care of him when I'm back or you'll get sick
Why aren't you answering me

th
bro u just asked me 6 questions I didn't even get to finish reading yet
he's just got a cold don't freak out

jeongguk
I'm not ur bro
Don't call me tha

th
then what

jeongguk
I'm ur boyfriend

th
in ur dreams

Jeongguk
in that case
goodnight see u at 9

th
Weirdo

Taehyung put his phone away and turned to Mina who excitedly got up, "Time to go!"

"Calm down, there's still time," Taehyung laughed, "I'm gonna go shower and clean, then we can go,"

"Fine," Mina huffed and picked up Taehyung's phone to mess around on.

Eventually, the time did come and the three were outside walking towards soon to be new school. Minjoon was sniffling against Taehyung's shoulder who had wrapped him warmly. Mina was skipping around and rambling on about how she can't wait to start a new school.

Taehyung tried not to show a from when he saw all the other girls with their parents entering the school, and he glanced at Mina to see if she was okay. The girl was beyond alright, running over to one of her friends who instantly hugged her.

What if one day she gets upset about not having a good dad? Taehyung felt his lips tug down and a heavy feeling growing in his chest. He began to realise that whilst spending such a good time with Jeongguk, he hadn't seen his father or spoke to him much.

"I can't believe they're growing up now," A man suddenly spoke making Taehyung jump and turn towards him. He was handsome and middle aged, Taehyung guessed he was the father of Minas friend, "Are you Mina's dad? You look a little too young,"

Taehyung laughed lightly, "No no, I'm her brother- our dads just at work and couldn't make it," He sweetly smiled and caressed Minjoon's back nervously.

"Oh that makes sense!" The man smiled. Taehyung smiled back and turned his attention back to Mina who had been glaring at him the entire time, "Is he your brother too? Is he okay?"

"Yeah he is, he's got a cold," Taehyung shifted his weight onto his other leg and checked if Minjoon was sleeping which he was.

"Do you want me to hold him? You look tired," Taehyung didn't really have time to reply, the boy was out of his hands quite fast. Taehyung didn't mind though, he was grateful that someone was lifting weight off of his shoulders.

Mina, however, wasn't so happy about it. Although her friend was talking to her, she was more focused on how her brother was laughing with the older man as if he was Jeongguk.

He's a cheater, I'm telling Jeongguk!

it's been a while sorry :,) like I said b4 schools so important so updates r slower!!

would u guys read a vmin fic if I wrote one tho 🤔