Chapter 31.

Taehyung ran his fingers through his freshly dried hair, gently tugging on the smooth mocha strands. He ignored the man stepping out of his room behind him and slowly walked down the stairs where he could see Mina, Minjoon, and Jeongguk all seated suspiciously quietly together. Taehyung raised his straight eyebrow when Mina nudged Jeongguk hard who stood up and cleared his throat.

"Um," Jeongguk didn't know what to say, he was more stuck on how Taehyung was wearing a tight black shirt and some tight jeans. The boy looked like he was going out somewhere, which he hoped he wasn't. Taehyung also looked pretty coming down the stairs after just waking up and looking confused as to what was going on.

"Jeonggukie's going to take you on a date," Mina spoke up for the boy whose cheek's burnt a subtle red and eyes went wide as he snapped his head towards her.

"What?" He swallowed quickly and turned to the surprised Taehyung.

"Why? To where?" Taehyung stopped in front of Jeongguk and didn't miss how for a brief second the boy's eyes were set on his lips.

"You'll see, just put your coat on," Jeongguk was already prepared to go, and also didn't give Taehyung a chance to decline. The confused boy put his shoes and jacket on which was barely going to keep him warm.

"How long are we going to be there for? I can't let them stay alone long," Taehyung mumbled once Jeongguk walked him towards the door.

"Don't worry about them, just try and have fun today," Jeongguk softly smiled at him and rubbed his back reassuringly whilst opening the door.

It was chilly outside even though the sun was lighting up the roads, snow and ice had melted leaving the ground damp. Jeongguk hoped it would stay clear until they went home or else the boy's birthday would be ruined.

Taehyung shuddered at the cold air stinging against his bare face, he tried his best tonot show he was cold since he knew Jeongguk would scold him for not wearing something thicker. Jeongguk on the other hand, he could still notice the boy sligtly shivering and clenching his jaw to stop it from chattering.

"Is it far?" Taehyung spoke as they walked up the road and past neighbors that were walking dogs or taking out the trash.

"A little, it's a twenty minute walk," Jeongguk hoped that wasn't too long, and it didn't seem to be when Taehyung just nodded and focused his eyes on the flowers walking past. Jeongguk also did, noting down that Taehyung smiled when he saw white roses on the sidewalk.

"Is this for my birthday? You know I don't celebrate it, right?" Taehyung held back a laugh when he was the drop of Jeongguk's smile and nervousness take over, "Chill, it's fine if it is, I'm not used to doing anything on it,"

"Really? Is this your first time?"

"Yeah, after a while," Taehyung smiled at how Jeongguk was becoming first to many things; his first kiss, first person to hug and comfort him, first to treat his wounds, first to defend him, first to take care of him, and first to take him out to places.

Jeongguk pulled his phone out that buzzed against his gloved hand in his coat pocket. Instantly, he frowned.

Dad
Your mother and I are having a family dinner for new years, I expect you to be here today before by 10 PM.

Taehyung looked away from Jeongguk's phone and noticed how upset the boy looked just from seeing the text. So, he opened his mouth in hopes of comforting him, "Thank you for everything by the way, like taking me out and being my friend."

Jeongguk's face lit up, "So you admit we're friends?"

"Yeah I guess," Taehyung shrugged and chuckled when Jeongguk gasped in excitement.