Chapter 34.

Mina stared at the move on her TV screen, she was still furious about her brother's behaviour who was acting like nothing happened. The boy was asleep on the couch with Minjoon cuddling beside him leaving her awake with her anger.

The three had decided to wait for Jeongguk since the boy would be back by at least 9, but the exhausted Taehyung fell asleep before that. Minjoon being the sleep lover he is also ended up passing out, faster since he was sick.

The girls head perked up when she heard footsteps approaching the front door. Before the doorbell could sound, she ran up to the door and opened it.

Jeongguk jumped at the door opening before he even rang the doorbell, and then a smile broke onto his face when he saw the girl, "You shouldn't  open the door like that, I could be a stranger,"

"Well your not," She whispered, "They're both asleep so keep quiet," She took Jeongguk's hand who frowned at that.

He must be so overworked. Jeongguk could see Taehyung snoring softly as he got closer to the couch. Even though he was worried, his heart still melted at the sight and he knelt down beside the boy to brush strands off hair out of his eyes.

"Where's your dad?" Jeongguk quietly asked the girl who just shrugged and knelt down beside him too. The boy smiled at her before going back to admiring Taehyung.

"He's cheating on you."

"What?" Jeongguk's face dropped dramatically.

"Yes, my friends dad was literally acting so close to him! He was even carrying Minjoon and Taehyung was all giggly and smiley with him," Mina informed the boy who furrowed his eyebrows at that.

"Who the hell is he?"

"I don't know, but you need to beat him up or he'll take Taehyung from you," She firmly stated and Jeongguk nodded in agreement and with a deep frown. "You both have to take us school tomorrow, I'll show you who he is tomorrow,"

"Okay, let's get them to bed first," Jeongguk stood up and carefully scooped Taehyung up whilst Mina decided to just wake up Minjoon. Jeongguk smiled down at Taehyung who didn't budge and loosely held onto Jeongguk's bicep.

"He said he'll marry you," Mina spoke as they went up the stairs, her small hand dragging Minjoon with them.

Jeongguk's face lit up, "Really? Do you think he'll say yes to being my boyfriend too?"

"I'll ask if you want," Mina excitedly offered and Jeongguk just nodded. She parted to her room whilst Minjoon tiredly went to his as well leaving Jeongguk alone with Taehyung.

When he glanced back at Taehyung again, he noticed that the boys face had contorted into a painful one. A suffocated sigh left him and then he gasped for air soon after, the sight made Jeongguk's head swarm with worry.

"Tae?" He called out and shut the door behind him with the kick of his heel. Taehyung was placed gingery onto the bed and Jeongguk took a seat next to him.

Taehyung let out a cry, whispering something which Jeongguk couldn't make out. That's when he realised, he was having a nightmare.

All those times the boy and been acting "strange" at the back of the class was because of nightmares about his dad.

"Tae-"

"Jeongguk, stop."

Jeongguk felt his heart drop. Me?

Guilt began to suffocate him too, it tightened around his throat like a hand getting ready to kill him. Of course he was part of it, how could he forget so fast? Before the 4 months of being all nice to Taehyung, he was a monster in his life too. He was hurtful too.