chapter 4.

Taehyung had a bright smile on, walking beside Hoseok who was finally actually showing up to school. The boy had been reluctant to, but seeing how upset his best friend looked and scared of being picked on he decided to go for his sake.

However, they were walking down a pathway to Taehyung's house. The boy said he needed to collect his backpack and change for school, but truly he was worried something wrong was going on at home.

"If I see that Jimin guy I'm gonna have to run for it, he's probably still mad at me," Hoseok rolled his eyes, body frame leaning against Taehyung's front yard fence whilst the boy unlocked the door.

"He should be mad at you," Taehyung tutted and shook his in head in disappointment, stepping into his cold home with a nervous feeling.

"I keep forgetting you basically live in a mansion," Hoseok shut the door behind him and slowly spun in the spot, staring at the clean place with a slightly parted jaw in awe.

Taehyung didn't like how empty it was, and the silence was eerie. He walked towards the living room to see untouched toys, then he glanced to the kitchen to see it was as spotless as when he had left.

"Mina?! Minjoon?!" Taehyung called out, snapping his head to the stairs when he heard loud gasps and cries of joy.

Hoseok turned to the noise to see a little girl running down the stairs with tears down her face, dressed in her pyjamas whilst a smaller boy slowly stepped down the stairs with tears also down his face.

"Oh my God," Hoseok dropped his backpack running to help Minjoon get down the stairs through his tears. The boy was like an uncle to them, he had helped out Taehyung multiple times and was close with the kids like an uncle would be. Maybe even a father.

"Why are you still in pyjamas? You have school! Where's dad?" Taehyung knelt down to the girl and wiped her tears, cupping her soft chubby face.

"H-he said he had to go see friends," Her squeaky voice cracked and small body wrapped itself around Taehyung who frowned and caressed her back, "Tae, we're hungry, daddy didn't feed us dinner a-and Minjoon keeps crying because of his tummy, I don't know why he won't tell me,"

"You haven't ate?!" Taehyung's eyes widened, standing up instantly and pinching the tip of his nose in frustration, "Fuck, Hoseok I'm gonna take the day off-"

"No you're not," Hoseok stood up with a clenched jaw, "You're gonna get them all dressed and yourself for school, I'm going to run down the shops to get some sandwiches," he pointed at the door before doing as he said.

Taehyung on the other hand pulled the two into a tight hug, feeling his bottom lip quiver and tears dwell in his eyes. Fuck what is wrong with him? Who does that to such little kids?

"Min, why's your stomach hurting?" Taehyung pulled away and blinked his tears away, smiling at the two.

The boy rubbed his stomach and then pointed at Mina's mouth.

"He's hungry," Mina concluded and pouted, "Don't worry Min, Hoseokie is gonna get food for us," she patted the boy who sniffled and nodded.

"I'm sorry for not coming home, I was with Hoseok and having a sleepover," Taehyung stood up again, leading the two upstairs to change, "Mina, you wanted to have a sleepover with your friends right?"

"Yes!" The girl eagerly nodded at the mention of it.

"Okay how about today after school...we go and buy all the snacks you want for your sleepover!" He excitedly announced as he pushed open the door to Minas room, "And Minjoon, you want more toys right? How about I buy some for you so you can come home to new ones?" He knelt down to the boy who smiled widely and nodded.

"Tae, Tae can you get something else for me too?" Mina jumped onto the boys back who hummed and merely turned his head towards here, "Can you please please please ask your friend we saw that was with me to come to my sleepover?"

Oh my fucking shit, what the fuck as he fed into her brain?

Taehyung's face morphed into disbelief, distress evident in his pretty features. How on earth was he going to invite the boy he once even debated murdering?

"Hoseok's here, get dressed I'll be back," He gently pushed her off and ran downstairs, letting out a whine of frustration until he got to the door. These kids bring me nothing but problems I swear to God.

"I got these, don't know if it's a good idea to give them energy drinks before school though," Hoseok held up the bag to Taehyung who looked at him disbelief.

"Of course it's not they're fucking kids- they'll explode," He imitated a 'boom' with his hands beside his head making Hoseok grin.

"You're so funny and cute,"

"I know, anyways Minas started issues for me again," Taehyung whispered, "She wants me to invite Jeongguk to her sleepover because she definitely thought he's cool," he fake whimpered after.

Hoseok snorted, "Invite him I dare you, imagine that little shithead having to play Barbie with little girls," he laughed at the thought.

"You're so smart," Taehyung sarcastically replied and rolled his eyes, crossing his arms after.

"I mean, it'll make her happy- your dad did just neglect them two so just agree to it," Hoseok patted his shoulder whilst walking past with the food, "I have food! Come down!" He announced loudly.

Taehyung sighed and stressfully rubbed his face with his hands, dropping them to his thighs helplessly.

Just one damn peaceful day.

How about a day on deez nuts 😈