No longer safe (F!Reader)

warnings: yandere behaviour, black magic, reader losing her mental sanity.

_____________________

Ever since you started dating Agatha and she had taken you to live with her in a lonely cabin, you knew that there was one crucial rule...okay, there were a lot of rules at home, but the most important one was: never go into the basement.

She never gave you an explanation, but you hadn't wanted to push because your girlfriend had been the only one who had taken you in after your parents disappeared without a trace, leaving you a simple note about how they couldn't take the "burden" anymore.

It had hurt, a lot, but Aggie had accepted you with open arms, comforted you, and given you a home, so the least you could do was obey her rules, be grateful, don't ask too many questions, and above all, avoid that damn basement.

It was easy at first. You had been in a bad state emotionally, you were devastated by the abandonment, and you felt lost and vulnerable. You couldn't understand why your parents had left like this when you had such a beautiful relationship with them. Your pain kept you in bed for days and sneaking into the basement was the last thing on your mind.

But the temptation grew stronger and stronger. They say that when you can't have something, you want it the most. And despite the fact that you appreciated Agatha's effort to keep you safe and give you time, the truth is that you began to miss going out, working, having friends, etc.

But your girlfriend was firm, she said that it was not necessarily a safe area and that it was better that she take care of providing the food and everything you need, while you stayed at home to rest. No matter how hard you tried to talk her out of it, she would never listen, the only times you could get out were when she was with you.

A part of you felt nice, knowing that she cared enough to protect you like that, but on the other hand, you felt alone, bored, with nothing to do. You needed someone to keep you company while the woman was not home.

That's when it all started.

It was a cold afternoon, winter was almost there and the trees began to shed their leaves, Agatha was outside doing god knew what, she never gave you explanations. You were in the kitchen, trying not to ruin the cake you made for her when you heard it.

"Y/N"

It was an oddly familiar voice, but it was no more than a whisper. You frowned and looked out the window, partly hoping to see your girlfriend coming back, partly hoping someone was visiting (how silly, no one would know how to find you, but you could dream).

"Y/N run!"

This time the whisper seemed to come from behind you, so you turned, fear beginning to course through your veins. There was nothing, just as you expected, and a part of you wondered if the loneliness was already driving you crazy, but then-

"Run! Run! Get out of here!"

It no longer sounded like a single voice, nor was it a whisper, and you were sure it wasn't in your head. With your heart in your hand and your head spinning, you left the kitchen, following the thin thread of voices that became more frantic as you approached that damn door.

"The basement" you muttered

"Run! Y/N you have to get out of here"

"It's too late, you can't do anything for us, you have to save yourself!"

"Run! Go before she comes back!"

"What's going on?" you gasped

Slowly you rested a trembling hand on the basement door, feeling how your stomach turned and a dark feeling invaded you. You wanted to scream, you wanted to move, but you couldn't, something inside there was calling you. And just as you took the knob, you heard your girlfriend call out to you.