Go on without me

a/n: i took this idea and some dialogues from a song in spanish named "Sigue sin mi" by Marco Antonio Solis, in case you want to listen it.

Warnings: angst.

_______________________

"Forgive me"

You blinked and slowly opened your eyes, frowning at the darkness around you. Your room was never dark and you remembered perfectly well leaving the hall light on. Now that you thought about it, you went to sleep a few hours ago. Why weren't you in bed? Or better yet, where were you?

"Forgive me"

The voice sounded a little louder this time, though it was still a whisper. You turned around, following it in the dark. You knew who it was, but the pain you heard didn't match the image you had of her.

"Aggie?" you whispered when you saw a figure in front of you.

The witch turned to look at you and you gasped, taking a step back. She was crying, and her eyes were filled with pain and remorse. This was not your Agatha, this was a broken woman.

"I'm sorry" she whispered. "Forgive my big mistake"

You tried to get closer to her, but it seemed like there was an invisible barrier between you two.

"Aggie" you said "what's going on?"

The witch just looked at you sadly as she moved her hands and various images began to appear around you. You saw everything, from the night she left, promising to return, to her arrival in a small town, the way she pretended to be Wanda's friend, how she sabotaged various things to further destabilize her, how she killed a dog, kidnapped some children and fought the Scarlet Witch. You saw how she tried to steal the chaos magic. You saw her losing.

You gasped when the scene of her punishment played out in front of you. Wanda had condemned her to the same torture that the town's residents had suffered, she had trapped her in the role she had chosen. Agnes.

"Aggs-"

"I don't have much time" she interrupted. "I managed to break one of the seals, just so I could see you, even if it's this way"

Then you got it. You were on a different plane. Your mind connected to hers, but your bodies thousands of miles apart. That is why there was a barrier between you.

"Tell me what to do" you said "W-where are you?! I'll get you out of there" you promised.

Agatha smiled sadly at you and shook her head. You felt your stomach churn as more tears fell down her cheeks.

"Forget me" she told you.

You froze.

"wh-what?" you whispered, fear spreading through your chest.

"Forget me" she repeated "you have to move on"

"What are you talking about?" you said, getting as close to the wall as you could.

"You were right. I shouldn't have come, I shouldn't have wanted more power ... I shouldn't have left you" she cried

"Don't worry. We can fix this" you smiled at her, even though you could already feel your tears as well.

"I'm afraid there's no way to fix it" she said "I won't be coming home this time, love" her eyes were full of guilt

"No, don't say that" you begged, as tears began to spill onto your cheeks.

"Go on without me" she whispered.

"No" you said firmly "I won't leave you"

"You have to" she pleaded "Forget me. I wish the best for you, find someone who loves you as much as I do, I hope that love and luck will follow you wherever you are"